BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 hour ago, Blue said:

First off, all those guys weren't all on the same team. You're talking about fifteen years worth of talent, not two consecutive seasons. I mean, Jesus dude, Rodgers had already won a Super Bowl before Schwartz was drafted. Secondly, they've had three head coaches at Cal since Rodgers, none of whom are exactly Gary Patterson levels of good. If you're going to compare teams, at least do so on the same timeframe, even if you want to ignore that one team has had drastically better coaching.

Secondly, Kentucky had Bud Dupree, Za'darius Smith, and Avery Williamson as the only players on those rosters who ever made it in the NFL. I think Josh Forrest might have gotten a cup of coffee somewhere, too. Two of those guys weren't top-100 picks. So no, I don't think it's real shocking they went 9-17 over those two years, nor do I think that's an apples-to-apples comparison since I'm talking about twice as many players, two of whom have already been drafted higher than two of Kentucky's three.

This has to be your dumbest attempt at a meaningful comparison ever.

The appropriate answer is TCU probably has quality facilities and recruits good athletes. Those two things I imagine are quality factors of successful players/programs. They are probably lacking in some other areas.

I see both sides.

In the end though, you look at each prospect individually, and If you can decipher through all the other variables if he's a worthy player, good for you.

LSU had a full on butt cheek offense with OBJ and Landry as their primary guys. But hey, if you saw something you saw something.

14 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

It is with a heavy heart that Portland will not be announcing anything until 24 hours from now because deals are in flux but this one is gonna be a big one. 

Very confusing announcement.

Are you quitting?

22 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@SwoleXmad how many rocks did you pound?

source.gif

Just the one. 

15 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I’ll spoil it. I’m getting a refund on Mahomes. I got cold feet after that dismal Super Bowl performance 

I still say he had a better super bowl performance than the two time super bowl winning QB in that game. 

• Like 1