BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Were you hoping for a longer contract? Just curious people’s mindset on when they tag RFA and when they match. Like @wwhickok made it clear he was fishing for that 5th round pick. 

If it had been a contract more about maybe 4k, for like 4 years, I might have matched but to me the 6.5 at 5 made a huge difference. Mainly because of Henry. Cam Sutton I'd match 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

Ftr reasoning for the offer I made on Jaylon:

1. His 3UP number is about 8.5k per; 

2. If I don't bid, he's on Camden this year for 2k - Camden is paying 6k more this year and gets a discount of 500 next year; and 

3. Camden could've easily used a 3UP on Smith this year - next year will be more difficult with Adams, Sutton, Leonard, Brown and Wilson off contract.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Ftr reasoning for the offer I made on Jaylon:

1. His 3UP number is about 8.5k per; 

2. If I don't bid, he's on Camden this year for 2k - Camden is paying 6k more this year and gets a discount of 500 next year; and 

3. Camden could've easily used a 3UP on Smith this year - next year will be more difficult with Adams, Sutton, Leonard, Brown and Wilson off contract.

It was a high number for positional value. He’s an outstanding player who will have to be paid his 3 UP or real BDL FA. It doesn’t get much better than that.