BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, PR said:

What grade level?

High school. I work at an alternative school where we get kids who get in trouble at their home schools so our online stuff is already screwy because we have kids from all over but it's worse now because the whole county response has been a total **** up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

High school. I work at an alternative school where we get kids who get in trouble at their home schools so our online stuff is already screwy because we have kids from all over but it's worse now because the whole county response has been a total **** up.

Go on. Elementary here so I can see the growing pains

8 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What I’m learning is Pheltz is a pretty good drafter

JLash was with me for year 1 and bcb was with me for year 2 maybe?  My worst was with chigger, but that draft everyone I wanted seemed to go 1 or 2 slots before we picked.

8 minutes ago, PR said:

Go on. Elementary here so I can see the growing pains

So the main thing is just the way they're splitting up the students. Instead of students having all of their normal teachers doing each of their classes, they're making each teacher responsible for teaching all of their first period student's classes. So instead of me having my normal content workload, I'm now essentially in charge of all content at multiple levels. So instead of just US History, World History, and Sociology, I'm teaching those and English at multiple levels, math at multiple levels, and science at multiple levels. And the process of creating all of those classes in Apex, the program we're using, is bad too. We're not allowed to create our own classes using the predetermined materials, we have to copy the county course that they made and then add our students to those classes individually. So I have to copy-create an Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, Biology, Chemistry, etc. all individually. And then a ton of students aren't even registered on Apex so I can't add them in the first place. It's just a whole **** show like I said. And my principal and vice principals know nothing, it's all county level screw ups.

10 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

JLash was with me for year 1 and bcb was with me for year 2 maybe?  My worst was with chigger, but that draft everyone I wanted seemed to go 1 or 2 slots before we picked.

We kicked *** that draft from my recollection 

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m worried that with so many high picks I may replicate it or surpass it.

Last time I had this many 1sts and 2nds was 2013...sooooo...

10 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

You are a terrible drafter.  Never change.

That's why I need a co-owner.

• Like 1