BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Just now, Counselor said:

Oh I love these stories. 

Fun thing is I did the exact same thing three years ago with Kyle Fuller. I drafted Fuller, loved him and gave up on him 3.5 years after he was drafted. Traded for Talib, had to equalize the cap with Fuller who ended up beasting right after he was traded. Talib ended up on IR I think that year too.

Hence why I'm keeping Sidney Jones and Quincy Wilson until the end of their deals no matter what. I don't want it to happen a 3rd time

• Like 1

Just now, TedLavie said:

Fun thing is I did the exact same thing three years ago with Kyle Fuller. I drafted Fuller, loved him and gave up on him 3.5 years after he was drafted. Traded for Talib, had to equalize the cap with Fuller who ended up beasting right after he was traded. Talib ended up on IR I think that year too.

Hence why I'm keeping Sidney Jones and Quincy Wilson until the end of their deals no matter what. I don't want it to happen a 3rd time

You have inspired me to keep Justin Layne. 

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I traded a 3rd for Iloka mid-season like 5 years ago to pheltz. Had to put a cap throw in - settled on Josh Norman who was rotting on Carolina bench. By the end of the year Norman was a star, Iloka was Iloka and I ended needing a CB2 across Slay for the next 2 or 3 years

You gave me a choice of 2 CBs, I chose Norman.

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I actually have two above him today but he's got the higher ceiling and I don't need CB as much instantly 

I reflected my view of this pick in the grades, but the thing is, if you like a guy, you should get the guy.  So if you like the guy, then congrats on getting him

Just now, Ragnarok said:

And the year after I traded a first for Jake Locker cause he finished the year strong.  Then I gave up two 1sts to get to #1 overall for Jameis.

Oh Jake locker, Romes first ever qb