BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

14 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Shark tank you can offer one year deals at whatever value you want 

Waiver claims value much different than nfl contracts 

We can randomly cut three dudes every year without contractual obligations 

The value is not always the same, concept it. 

The 3 Down is a special rule. But when 3 Upping guys its exact contract (% based).

Everything is based initially off of the actual NFL. Not one person has yet to offer a logical reason cap hits should be anything other than tolled 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Seeing whats happening with baseball, I think the likelihood that the NFL completes this season approaches zero.

Agreed. This isn't like basketball where you have smaller rosters and staffs and can easily keep everyone bubbled in one place together. 

And I know I'm a little bit late on the opt-out stuff but I think Pheltz had the right idea. Do it like the NFL and toll contracts but give people the option to keep the cap hit and have the year count. Seems entirely fair to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You can't say you want to be mimic what the NFL is doing AND give an option to pay full to get rid of a season.  One or the other 

You the rule decider now?

If we vote on it, then yes we can. 

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

You can't say you want to be mimic what the NFL is doing AND give an option to pay full to get rid of a season.  One or the other 

I don't see why it's awful to give people two equally valid options for how to handle their players. Also, I'm not saying that we have to be an exact 1:1 copy of the NFL in everything we do. I'm just saying I think the way they're doing it makes sense but for some people it would also make sense to eat the cap hit and lose a year on the contract. Again, I think both are equally valid ways to handle this so why not give people the choice?

41 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Other question what do we do if the year is canceled? 

If the year is cancelled, imo open up trades, 3 Downs. Maybe give a 'special circumstances extra 3down to every team. Then blow up my inbox with talking points and tune into my weekly BDL podcasts