BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

50 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Also I know it was said we don't need to vote now but I disagree

He was just saying he wanted to make sure no one else had any other proposals before we voted, that's all.

58 minutes ago, PR said:

I understood that, but I asked Ted specifically because he have them as options. 

He did, just not worded specifically enough to not make it a problem come vote time. So hopefully he can reword it like I stated before vote time. Clarity is good.

I have a serious question. In the schedule it says the Shark Tank will take place after the 3rd preseason game. The season OFFICIALLY starts on September 10th (first game). As we know there are 0 preseason games. When exactly are we going to do the shark tank? I'd suggest a minimum of at least 1 week prior to the first regular season game, if not more to allow people time to write their opening gameplan and make last minute roster moves. I latest im proposing is Sept 1st, though my official proposal would be August 24th.

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have a serious question. In the schedule it says the Shark Tank will take place after the 3rd preseason game. The season OFFICIALLY starts on September 10th (first game). As we know there are 0 preseason games. When exactly are we going to do the shark tank? I'd suggest a minimum of at least 1 week prior to the first regular season game, if not more to allow people time to write their opening gameplan and make last minute roster moves. I latest im proposing is Sept 1st, though my official proposal would be August 24th.

Generally the third preseason game is two weeks before season starts so I imagine it'll be the last week of August, ie the 24th 

21 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Generally the third preseason game is two weeks before season starts so I imagine it'll be the last week of August, ie the 24th 

Yeah i specifically targeted that date for that reason. I just feel now is the time to set the shark tank date in stone. Might as well finalize that and the opt out decision all at once imo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah i specifically targeted that date for that reason. I just feel now is the time to set the shark tank date in stone. Might as well finalize that and the opt out decision all at once imo

I think it will likely be the 24th but setting anything in stone for this season probably isn't a great idea.  So plan on the 24th as long as crazy stuff doesn't happen 

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I think it will likely be the 24th but setting anything in stone for this season probably isn't a great idea.  So plan on the 24th as long as crazy stuff doesn't happen 

Actually i disagee. We have the ability to change things based on new events but there is no reason not to start putting things down as official plans subject to an unforseen change. Seems like people don't wanna just commit to planning. We have danced around the Shark tank discussion in the past. Its time to stop dancing. Im not talking about you bcb I know you agreed with the 24th

Alright I locked it up changed the draft time which I'm willing to change again. I made a few scoring changes, nothing major. Snake draft draft, there will be divisions (to replicate BDL) and Itll be a 1 player Keeper lg (open to some negotiation) . NFL Fantasy Platform

If you can't partake in the live draft at least set up your pre-draft board so that you can SOME of the players you'd like.

@wwhickok @rackcs @MD4L @RuskieTitan @Whicker @pheltzbahr @PR @Pickle Rick @The Orca @WFLukic @bcb1213 @Ragnarok @Counselor @SirA1 @Xmad @TedLavie

PM me for the link

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Seems like people don't wanna just commit to planning. 

Bro when we have hard start dates for things like the draft and FA you always want to move them up. Don't act like the league as a whole just floats around with no schedule.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Bro when we have hard start dates for things like the draft and FA you always want to move them up. Don't act like the league as a whole just floats around with no schedule.

I'm not. I'm saying we really havent come out and solidified a plan for the Shark Tank.  Im trying to be more patient but right now, I don't think I'm being unreasonable.