BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

37 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Steep drop in price from 3 firsts for Jones to a distant 1 and a 5. Good deal for Whicker.

It is but I had to weigh my options. Miller doesnt even equate into the deal for me. That's a real life 1st and 3rd for Byron Jones. It's a respectable deal. Also no one offered me multiple 1sts for him anyway and I've got good depth at CB. Its def a steal of a deal for Whicker imo, but for me it was about rebuilding the right way. Having that extra 1st next season will help a ton. 

Also I might have but I dont recall asking for 3 firsts. I do know I said 2 1sts at one point.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Byron Jones is good and his deal is very decent. He isn't worth multiple 1sts.

Maybe. Maybe not. But in this league, I think that's fair. What you've got to understand though is, my mentality then and my mentality now, are completely different. Coming in I was very aggressive in FA and trade ups in the draft. Anyone whose ever seen me in FFMD, TCMD or anything else, that's not my style, not what I'm good at. I'm good at finding deals that make sense to me, opening up cap space, building through the draft and using FA as a method of 'closure' not of my primary building source.

The trades I've made thus far, that's what they represent.  I may be done, might not idk, depends on who comes to me with/for what.

Guys like Counselor, jlash and others have helped me along the way. I might 'lose' some of these trades in the long run but for me, right now they make sense and that's all I care about tbh.

• Like 3

Just now, wwhickok said:

Maybe. Maybe not. But in this league, I think that's fair. What you've got to understand though is, my mentality then and my mentality now, are completely different. Coming in I was very aggressive in FA and trade ups in the draft. Anyone whose ever seen me in FFMD, TCMD or anything else, that's not my style, not what I'm good at. I'm good at finding deals that make sense to me, opening up cap space, building through the draft and using FA as a method of 'closure' not of my primary building source.

The trades I've made thus far, that's what they represent.  I may be done, might not idk, depends on who comes to me with/for what.

Guys like Counselor, jlash and others have helped me along the way. I might 'lose' some of these trades in the long run but for me, right now they make sense and that's all I care about tbh.

I don't think you've lost this trade. When I do my weekly trade grades soon, both you and Whicker will likely get a B+. Fair deal which help both franchises in what they're doing

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Think it also needs to be said that Josh Allen wasn't very good last year. Sack total looks great but the majority were coverage clean ups and garbage variety. Credit to him in that he obviously hustled for those but he wasn't a good pass rush rusher, he was awful vs the run and not good in space or coverage. He didn't play like a top ten pick.

Nobody tell @WFLukic that someone isn't slurping Josh Allen.

• Like 3

1. Hawaii- Chase Young Edge OSU

2. IC- Joe Burrow QB LSU 

3. Hawaii- Jeff Okudah CB OSU 

4. Anchorage- Tua T QB Bama

5. Seoul- Jerry Jeudy WR Bama

6. Anchorage- Andrew Thomas OT UGA

7. Gotham- CeeDee Lamb WR OU

8. Anchorage- Derrick Brown INT Auburn

9. Berlin- Isaiah Simmons LB/S Clemson 

10. Rome- Grant Delpit S LSU

11. OKC- Henry Ruggs WR Bama

12. Anchorage- Kristian Fulton CB LSU

13. Cuba- Tristian Wirfs OT Iowa

14. Berlin- Jedrick Wills OT Bama

15. Anchorage- AJ Epenesa Edge Iowa

16. Cuba- K’Lavon Chaisson Edge LSU

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

9. Berlin- Isaiah Simmons LB/S Clemson 

14. Berlin- Jedrick Wills OT Bama

I love Simmons, but with Rashaan and Tremaine, LB isn't a need.  And if he plays LB in the NFL, I know people in BDL will throw a fit if I try to play him at safety.  But he is so good.  Maybe the same way I used to use Berry.

Big fan of Wills as well.  I dunno where Carolina is gonna play Moton, and Wills would be a great tandem with Kolton if Carolina moves Moton to LG.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I love Simmons, but with Rashaan and Tremaine, LB isn't a need.  And if he plays LB in the NFL, I know people in BDL will throw a fit if I try to play him at safety.  But he is so good.  Maybe the same way I used to use Berry.

Big fan of Wills as well.  I dunno where Carolina is gonna play Moton, and Wills would be a great tandem with Kolton if Carolina moves Moton to LG.

You’d take Simmons if the board fell that way I 100% guarantee it

45 minutes ago, Counselor said:

13. Cuba- Tristian Wirfs OT Iowa

Money man. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

16. Cuba- K’Lavon Chaisson Edge LSU

This dude did such a great job anticipating the snap count vs Clemson. I like him.

• Like 2