2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Curious what do you think about derwin James? 

I'm on corners right now. Safeties are next. I'll let you know in a few days. I did see a bit of him when I was checking out Josh Sweat and I was impressed. I think teams will either see him as a Sean Taylor like all around safety (I know, lofty projection)or want to move him down make him play WLB like Telvin Smith. Will be interesting. I still haven't gotten too deep into his tape tho.

15 minutes ago, SinCity said:

I know you were asking NTL but I think you get him to add 10lbs and you might have the most dynamic 4-3 Will in the entire league.

Its a open question for anyone to answer. 

I like his versatility I've seen him successfully line up at MLB, cb, olb, DE and safety. I like how Jax has Ramses at multiple positions during a game which frustrates a offense. Plus he can lock up te's rbs and is a great tackler

40 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh

I wouldnt but I wouldn't be mad either.

The way our new dc likes late round lbs makes me think LB isn't being looked at for #9 or #10

I like Edmunds>Smith. I think Smith grades out better behind a dominant D-line that can keep him clean, but Edmunds has the size / strength to deal with some D-line inadequacies. I know PG made the comment about late round LB talent, but if you wanted to pick a LB high, that would be the perfect rouse.

43 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh

I wouldnt but I wouldn't be mad either.

The way our new dc likes late round lbs makes me think LB isn't being looked at for #9 or #10

Draft twitter has rumblings the Raiders really like Vander Esch.

Guenther's comments shouldn't be read as "he likes late round LBs". Cincy drafted Dawson (3rd) and Vigil (3rd) in the last 3 drafts, so not sure how that applies. 

I think we really have to consider Edmunds as the pick. It is no coincidence that we have brought in guys over the last couple of seasons who have been cut from other teams like Riley Jr and Bowman and they have INSTANTLY upgraded the defense - quite sad really.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Draft twitter has rumblings the Raiders really like Vander Esch.

Guenther's comments shouldn't be read as "he likes late round LBs". Cincy drafted Dawson (3rd) and Vigil (3rd) in the last 3 drafts, so not sure how that applies. 

Was he there when they picked Keith rivers?

Vandy in the 2nd would be cool

2 hours ago, SinCity said:

I think we really have to consider Edmunds as the pick. It is no coincidence that we have brought in guys over the last couple of seasons who have been cut from other teams like Riley Jr and Bowman and they have INSTANTLY upgraded the defense - quite sad really.

I'd be ok with Tre because he can play all three LB spots. I know they like bowman so idk how much play Tre would get at MLB. I'm not a real bowman fan btw and think he's a liability in pass d.

13 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I think that some teams are playing some buzz games with players. It happens every year. I think he is the flavor of the day. We will see how long the rise lasts.

He was being talked about the entire college football season as a first round pick. There is no rise IMO, he's just now becoming a name to the arm chair GMs.

His rise is from first round to top 10 pick if anything.

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Was he there when they picked Keith rivers?

Vandy in the 2nd would be cool

Vander Esch is a first round lock. And after the combine, probably a top 15-20 pick. So yeah... 2nd round would be cool alright. 

Rivers was 2008, same year they hire Zimmer. 

18 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

I know a lot of you guys like Smith, but what about Tremaine Edmunds?

People are going to be attracted to Edmunds size and speed. But doesn't have the instincts, play recognition and motor Smith has. Smith has better feel for the game as a see ball get ball player. I like both, but rate Smith higher.

Smith, Edmunds, LVE - how I rank them currently. 

LVE is the most well rounded of them. Best pure tackler

Andrew Brown, DL from UVA, is an intriguing guy. He is getting rave reviews from the Senior Bowl for his play and size (6-3 294, 35 1/8 inch arms). Apparently been putting on a clinic during the practices.

His Senior year production left something to be desired, but that is being explained away as him 2-gapping. So this week is helping him out a lot. He was on the draft lookout list coming into the 2017 season, and now it's looking like he's climbing back up. Could be a 2nd round option if he doesn't sneak into the first round.

Archived