2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Vander Esch is a first round lock. And after the combine, probably a top 15-20 pick. So yeah... 2nd round would be cool alright. 

Rivers was 2008, same year they hire Zimmer. 

Will he test well enough to be a top 15-20 pick? I like the guy but I think we’re jumping the gun a bit here. I can easily think of 15 guys who I’d take over LVE. He’s a very good LB, but I don’t see him as the type of LB you see go in the middle of the first. Time will tell i guess. Just seems a little rich for me. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He was being talked about the entire college football season as a first round pick. There is no rise IMO, he's just now becoming a name to the arm chair GMs.

His rise is from first round to top 10 pick if anything.

Haha, I didn't dispute that he was always a 1st rder. 

Go back and look at any early mock (even with real draft experts and not just us "arm chair GMs") and Davenport isn't even close to where he is now.

Calm down killer.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

People are going to be attracted to Edmunds size and speed. But doesn't have the instincts, play recognition and motor Smith has. Smith has better feel for the game as a see ball get ball player. I like both, but rate Smith higher.

Smith, Edmunds, LVE - how I rank them currently. 

LVE is the most well rounded of them. Best pure tackler

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I think Edmunds and LVE's motor and feel for the game is just as developed as Smith's. Frankly I think that excuse is lazy from someone that hasn't really watched the film or has falen in love with Smith because of his flash plays in the college playoffs. If you watch film, all 3 have that go get it in them and are good instinctual players. I think Smith's difference is in his burst and the line in front of him. He is a better quick twitch player than the other 2n ot saying they aren't explosive as well. He 6'1 220-225. By comparison, Edmunds is 6-3 240-250 and LVE is 6'4 240. Very different players. By old standards most would be saying that Smith belongs as a ILB in a 3-4 or as a WLB in a 4-3 and the other 2 could be OLB in 3-4 or any where but WLB in a 4-3 but I think that has changed in the last 3 years. Now it's less about a backer's body casting them and more about what the player can do. 

On 9/23/2017 at 4:51 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Bradley Chubb DE from NC State was a man amongst boys out there today vs Florida St. We probably will have no shot at him as he's probably a top ten pick.

But DE/OLB is a position I'm looking at, as we desperately need another pass rushing threat opposite Mack.

More like top 3

Early reports from the senior game is that Davenport didn't improve thru the process. Didn't show the counter moves and bend that the experts were looking for and was a one gear player. Still have the game to play tho...

Guys I'm watching:

FB Dimitri Flowers RB Jaylen Samuels RB Rashaad Penny RB Ito Smith

WR Allen Lazard WR Jaleel Scott WR DaeSean Hamilton WR D.J. Chark WR Marcell Ateman

TE Mike Gesicki TE Troy Fumagallil TE Ian Thomas

OT Tyrell Crosby OT Jamil Demby G Will Hernandez OT Alex Cappa G Isaiah Wynn

DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo DE Jalyn Holmes DE Tyquan Lewis DE Marcus Davenport DE Da'Shawn Hand DT Christian LaCouture

ILB Fred Warner ILB Mike McCray OLB Uchenna Nwosu OLB Shaquem Griffin OLB Marquis Haynes ILB Dorian O'Daniel ILB Darius Leonard

CB Duke Dawson S Armani Watts S Marcus Allen S Kyzir White CB Levi Wallace CB Kameron Kelly CB M.J. Stewart S Quin Blanding

26 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Early reports from the senior game is that Davenport didn't improve thru the process. Didn't show the counter moves and bend that the experts were looking for and was a one gear player. Still have the game to play tho...

Guys I'm watching:

FB Dimitri Flowers RB Jaylen Samuels RB Rashaad Penny RB Ito Smith

WR Allen Lazard WR Jaleel Scott WR DaeSean Hamilton WR D.J. Chark WR Marcell Ateman

TE Mike Gesicki TE Troy Fumagallil TE Ian Thomas

OT Tyrell Crosby OT Jamil Demby G Will Hernandez OT Alex Cappa G Isaiah Wynn

DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo DE Jalyn Holmes DE Tyquan Lewis DE Marcus Davenport DE Da'Shawn Hand DT Christian LaCouture

ILB Fred Warner ILB Mike McCray OLB Uchenna Nwosu OLB Shaquem Griffin OLB Marquis Haynes ILB Dorian O'Daniel ILB Darius Leonard

CB Duke Dawson S Armani Watts S Marcus Allen S Kyzir White CB Levi Wallace CB Kameron Kelly CB M.J. Stewart S Quin Blanding

When does it start? I thought it was 2:30pm et

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, NightTrainLane said:

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I think Edmunds and LVE's motor and feel for the game is just as developed as Smith's. Frankly I think that excuse is lazy from someone that hasn't really watched the film or has falen in love with Smith because of his flash plays in the college playoffs. If you watch film, all 3 have that go get it in them and are good instinctual players. I think Smith's difference is in his burst and the line in front of him. He is a better quick twitch player than the other 2n ot saying they aren't explosive as well. He 6'1 220-225. By comparison, Edmunds is 6-3 240-250 and LVE is 6'4 240. Very different players. By old standards most would be saying that Smith belongs as a ILB in a 3-4 or as a WLB in a 4-3 and the other 2 could be OLB in 3-4 or any where but WLB in a 4-3 but I think that has changed in the last 3 years. Now it's less about a backer's body casting them and more about what the player can do. 

Nailed it. Edmunds is sick. People think that the guy isn't a player just cause he's a freak athlete, but he has two seasons of tape to back it up. There is also a tendency to tear down other players of the same position b/c they love one prospect at the same position. All three of these guys are legit, and I honestly believe that it depends on what strengths a team wants to highlight in their LBs. 

My second thought, unrelated to what I quoted: my boy, Andrew Brown, having a good day today.

28 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wouldn't mind Orlando brown at 9 or 10...

Bb pre combine no trade down

1 derwin James

2 Orlando brown

3 Tre Edmunds

4 daron Payne

5 baker Mayfield

Is Orlando Brown athletic enough for LT in the NFL his weight is a concern for me. I think Kolton Miller is the better option at LT.

Archived