Make Another Movie - Draft Thread

Dome

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@Dome I thought we were doing a snake draft (you picking last in every round)?

We are, was there something I posted that made you think we aren’t?

I mean technically we can’t have a true snake draft with the same person picking last each round, it’s impossible.

But the order on the first page is essentially a snake draft, with my position being moved to the last spot of each round. 

So it’s not a true snake draft, but it’s close 

I’m keeping track of how many points have been spent on actors, it’s posted below that draft order. 

All participants are expected to make sure the actor they are drafting can actually be drafted. I’ll do my best to keep that points list updated.

21 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

how's the points thing work?

On 1/13/2020 at 7:05 PM, Dome said:

Selections 

Each actor may have a total of 6 points spent on them, once they have reached that cap they will no longer be able to sign up for new films. They are also capped at 3 films each. If an actor has been drafted to 3 films they cannot be drafted again even if they haven’t had 6 points spent on them yet.

You spend points on actors by drafting them with your draft picks. The point values (or for crew members, the number of films they’re available to work) for each round are shown below.

When you sign an actor to you film, please categorize them as a leading actor, a supporting actor, or a minor side role.

Round - Points

1st and 2nd Round - 6 points 

3rd and 4th Round - 5 points 

5th and 6th Round - 4 points

7th and 8th Round - 3 points

9th and 10th Round - 2 points 

After the 10th Round - 1 Point 

Crew:

Director (One film per director)

Writer/Composer/Producer/Lighting/Effects/Cinematography/etc. etc.(Two Films each)

10 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

ok so 6 is exclusive was does 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 indicate 

If someone drafts an actor in round 3 or 4 that actor then has 5 points. That means that actor can't be drafted again until after round 10. 5th and 6th round picks cant be picked again until the 9th or 10th. 7th and 8th rounders can be picked twice in those rounds, once in those rounds once in 9 and 10 and then again a third time after 10, or once in 7 and 8 and 3 times after round 10. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

If someone drafts an actor in round 3 or 4 that actor then has 5 points. That means that actor can't be drafted again until after round 10. 5th and 6th round picks cant be picked again until the 9th or 10th. 7th and 8th rounders can be picked twice in those rounds, once in those rounds once in 9 and 10 and then again a third time after 10, or once in 7 and 8 and 3 times after round 10. 

i just don't understand the mechanics of why someone would be re-eligible to be drafted at a later point when they've been drafted

Just now, FinneasGage said:

i just don't understand the mechanics of why someone would be re-eligible to be drafted at a later point when they've been drafted

The higher they are drafted, assume they are more important to the flick that drafted them. Therefore, because of their larger commitment, they dont have time but for a small minor role that are being picked in the later rounds.