Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Packers 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/zlIACF6HX7

Same again, moved around a bunch to get the players I thought would be a good fit:

53. Isaiah Wilson [ OT ]  Georgia
62. Brandon Aiyuk [ WR ]  Arizona State
77. Willie Gay Jr. [ LB ]  Mississippi State
83. Davon Hamilton [ IDL ]  Ohio State
137. Devin Asiasi [ TE ]  UCLA
168. Quintez Cephus [ WR ]  Wisconsin
208. Reggie Robinson II [ CB ]  Tulsa
236. Darrion Daniels [ IDL ]  Nebraska

9 hours ago, TVScout said:

Cowboys.

Ended up trading back and then around whole bunch:: 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/r1AOXkU3DL

34. A.J. Terrell [ CB ]  Clemson
47. Justin Madubuike [ IDL ]  Texas A&M
62. Kyle Dugger [ S ]  Lenoir-Rhyne
85. Adam Trautman [ TE ]  Dayton
145. Jabari Zuniga [ EDGE ]  Florida
146. Michael Pittman Jr. [ WR ]  USC
231. Daniel Bituli [ LB ]  Tennessee

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Man this is what I would like the Seahawks draft to look like! Good picks at realistic ranges. Do one for the Hawks please

The draft didn't save - but here's what I got done. Couldn't miss out on Yetur as the drop-off was too much to consider, but then tried to move around as much as I could. 

23. Yetur Gross-Matos [  EDGE ] Penn State
75. Damon Arnette [  CB ] Ohio State
78. Matthew Peart [  OT ] UConn
119. Chase Claypool [  WR ] Notre Dame
122. Leki Fotu [  IDL ] Utah
133. Harrison Bryant [  TE ] Florida Atlantic
157. Darrynton Evans [  RB ] Appalachian State
195. Keith Ismael [  IOL ] San Diego State

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/zlIACF6HX7

Same again, moved around a bunch to get the players I thought would be a good fit:

53. Isaiah Wilson [ OT ]  Georgia
62. Brandon Aiyuk [ WR ]  Arizona State
77. Willie Gay Jr. [ LB ]  Mississippi State
83. Davon Hamilton [ IDL ]  Ohio State
137. Devin Asiasi [ TE ]  UCLA
168. Quintez Cephus [ WR ]  Wisconsin
208. Reggie Robinson II [ CB ]  Tulsa
236. Darrion Daniels [ IDL ]  Nebraska

I'm not sure how that's any good for the Packers.  Of all the guys you took, I think Aiyuk and RR2 are the only guys I like that the Packers would take.  I'd love to see the details of the trades.  Willie Gay fits the need at ILB, but I think character concerns are going to push him off the board.  Don't mind Davon Hamilton, but the rest is meh.  It's an underwhelming draft at best.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure how that's any good for the Packers.  Of all the guys you took, I think Aiyuk and RR2 are the only guys I like that the Packers would take.  I'd love to see the details of the trades.  Willie Gay fits the need at ILB, but I think character concerns are going to push him off the board.  Don't mind Davon Hamilton, but the rest is meh.  It's an underwhelming draft at best.

Wow what a highly predictable response. Let's see yours and then we can talk. 

Just now, goldfishwars said:

What would you do differently? I'm genuinely intrigued. 

Kinda hard to know what trade offers and players available were.  Right now, looking at what might be available at 30 unless there's an OT of value (i.e. someone like Josh Jones) I think moving a small trade down into that early 2nd round range and picking up a 4th round pick  There's usually about 2-3 of these types of deals per year, and could easily be a team looking to move up for a QB or someone who is "falling" in the draft.  Dropping from to 30 to 53 seems like the Packers would likely lose at least a tier or two of players in between those picks.  After a small trade down, the Packers could look at a number of positions (WR, OT, ILB, etc.) here.  At 62, I think that's where they're most likely going to grab a WR and the value should be there.  Maybe not their preferred WR of choice, but one that should be high on their board.  As for the 3rd round, I'm kinda mixed on this one.  I'm not sure there's going to be a ton of value here, but there should be some solid picks.  Just kinda depends on how the board shakes.  I could see them moving their 3rd and one of their 4ths to move up to grab one of "their" guys.  I wouldn't be surprised if they walked out of the draft with something like Kenneth Murray, Brandon Aiyuk, and Ezra Cleveland with their first three picks in some fashion.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If we landed Aiyuk and Isaiah with our first two picks I'd be thrilled.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe I haven't done enough research on Isaiah Wilson, but he's too raw for my liking.  He's a 1 year starter.

I think if he had stayed in school another year, he would be a top 20 pick.  Little raw yes, but not that bad.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I think if he had stayed in school another year, he would be a top 20 pick.  Little raw yes, but not that bad.

I mean, that's a LOT of assumptions.  Right now, the Packers have a glaring hole at RT assuming they let Bulaga walk.  Even if you pencil in Veldheer or Turner at RT, do you have enough faith in Stenavich to develop him?  He doesn't have the track record of Campen.