Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

36 minutes ago, Cypher said:

I've heard time and again Carolina favors Cross as their top OT. Wouldn't be the least bit shocked if we picked him over Neal/Ekwonu if they were all there.

It is definitely trending towards Cross being the first OL selected if Houston passes at 3, which I expect them to do.

13 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

It is definitely trending towards Cross being the first OL selected if Houston passes at 3, which I expect them to do.

I think the Jets at 4 or NYG at 5 could go OT

1.  Hutchinson

2.  Thibodaux

3.  Gardner

4.  Walker??? Or an OT

5.  Walker or OT

41 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think the Jets at 4 or NYG at 5 could go OT

1.  Hutchinson

2.  Thibodaux

3.  Gardner

4.  Walker??? Or an OT

5.  Walker or OT

I don't think the Jets take OL at 4. Both the Giants and Carolina have significant buzz about Cross as the picks at 5/6.

1 hour ago, eh3034 said:

I still think there's a pretty strong chance that Ikey is OT1 going off the board with the Jets.  Right now, I think the only OT that might be in play for Houston is Evan Neal.  I think NY Jets would go EDGE if either Thibs or Hutch are available, but I think they probably hold off on Travon Walker.  NY Giants are going OL at 5 unless Sauce Gardner can get them to flip, but I also think they probably feel more confident that Sauce falls to 7.  Carolina probably goes OT unless they find a team to trade down with, and that team could be Seattle for a small trade up to get Sauce.  The top 3 OTs are going to be off the board by 7 though.

7 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

I don't think the Jets take OL at 4. Both the Giants and Carolina have significant buzz about Cross as the picks at 5/6.

I think they absolutely want Thibs.  If Detroit opts against him, that's Thibs' floor IMO.  Otherwise, they probably hold off on EDGE and grab one at 10.

27 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

Ok.  If it goes edge, edge, cb, edge then NYG has their choice of the OT and I think they would go Ekwonu or Neal before Cross

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Ok.  If it goes edge, edge, cb, edge then NYG has their choice of the OT and I think they would go Ekwonu or Neal before Cross

The current "buzz" around the Giants with Cross is identical to the Carolina/Cross buzz though.....

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Is it true buzz or fake buzz?

That's the million-dollar question:)  I do think (assuming Carolina doesn't go for Pickett or trade out) that picks 5 and 6 will be some order of Cross and Ekwonu.  With Neal, I really am thinking he will end up slipping to 9 for Seattle.  

Pauline just put out there today that Jurgens has a lot of momentum towards being an early day 2 pick, and also "no team he has spoken with" has a 1st round grade on Linderbaum.  Sounds like there are no less than 6 teams selecting early day 2 showing significant interest in Jurgens, and things are definitely continuing to trend towards him being the first Center drafted. I've had Jurgens at 45 to Baltimore, but he may not even make it there. 

Just now, eh3034 said:

Pauline just put out there today that Jurgens has a lot of momentum towards being an early day 2 pick, and also "no team he has spoken with" has a 1st round grade on Linderbaum.  Sounds like there are no less than 6 teams selecting early day 2 showing significant interest in Jurgens, and things are definitely continuing to trend towards him being the first Center drafted. I've had Jurgens at 45 to Baltimore, but he may not even make it there. 

Oh, and props to @RTTRUTHfor discovering him first :)

On 4/23/2022 at 9:59 PM, .Buzz said:

I feel similarly (not the same, but similarly) about Nakobe Dean as I did about Aaron Donald back in 2014. I don't care about his size; the guy is a leader and a fantastic football player. If he falls to round 2, someone is getting an enormous steal.