Which conference do you generally prefer watching?

notthatbluestuff

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The AFC has been dominated by 1 team for the last 20 years. It's definitely less competitive. 

I'm talking about competition from the perspective of individual game scores, not really the success of each team as a whole.  

New England has dominated the AFC for that time span, but they had to fight to get almost all of those games.  

They were supposed to lose to Seattle, they went to overtime with Atlanta, they could have lost to Los Angeles if they would have shown up.  

The two Super Bowls they lost to New York, they lost by the narrowest of margins.  

They haven't necessarily had their share of shutdown/takeaway games.  

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I'm talking about competition from the perspective of individual game scores, not really the success of each team as a whole.  

New England has dominated the AFC for that time span, but they had to fight to get almost all of those games.  

They were supposed to lose to Seattle, they went to overtime with Atlanta, they could have lost to Los Angeles if they would have shown up.  

The two Super Bowls they lost to New York, they lost by the narrowest of margins.  

They haven't necessarily had their share of shutdown/takeaway games.  

I can't remember how competitive prior playoffs were so you may be right. I just think of competitive differently. In the last 20 years 12/16 NFC teams have been in the SB. The number in the AFC is 7. 

I have liked the NFC more. For me there’s some personal bias (My team is GB). Also for about a decade the AFC qb play had been bad outside until like the last 2 years (Jackson, Mahommes, Watson). Only 4 teams had qb in a good spot the majority of the  10s (NE, Pitt, SD, Indy).... # 5 is like literally Baltimore, or Cinci and then it’s really depressing after that