New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

2 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

depends on the FA qb. and btw, if the colts gave the team the 13th pick , why not move up for tua (I wont mention Herbert cuz I know you belive in your opinion that Herbert is vastly inferior to love so no sense there)

Moving up from 12 to 3 would probably cost all 3 first rounders. 

well that's a sensible answer, I don't think it would cost all 3, 12/13 and a 3rd or a future pick. that's just my opinion, don't break out the value chart please.lol plenty of deals get done that are better or worse than the charts dictate. I was just curious, I understand you`re all in on love, I get it. and to be honest I think Herbert of all people will have the "chip" or something to prove. just my personal opinion. we`ll see....to be continued. btw no, im not looking for a scouting report or comparison sir. we`ll revisit this next offseason and see, that simple.

38 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Worst interception in MNF history. Carr started 30+ games after this

FWIW Jalen picked the wrong option based on the coverage and this route options. He sat down. When the coverage dicrated going underneath the LB. Carr anticipated Jalen to be there instead Jalen sat the route. 

On 2/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, Darbsk said:

Mahomes is a very good player but I feel like I’m the only one not buying all the hype, I don’t believe he’s better than Rodgers or Wilson let alone being far and away the best. Maybe I’m not a prisoner of the moment or maybe I’m just incorrect 😁😁

Anyone else feel like the media is just driving this guy down our throats? Every time I’ve watched him he’s made some brilliant plays but also some really amateur plays and errors too. I actually don’t hate the Chiefs so I don’t think I’m being too biased!

I can't wrap my head around this.

He's 2 years in the league and has in that first year - MVP, and 2nd year - SB trophy. Each year he has a "tippy top of the NFL" accolade to his resume. I hate the damn Chiefs and I 100% root against Mahomes. It eats at me that the Chiefs have him because it's likely we'll be chasing for another 15 years because of it. Why are the Raiders never the team that gets a hold of the star NFL player? Because largely it's an organization of idiots.

He is, in a very short period of time, already on a HOF arc. You can disparage his play style all you want but he is, right now, an amazing player. You want to see fail in everything he does because it's so unconventional and for 99% of all QBs it would be a face palm every other play. But not only does it work for him, it works astoundingly well. 

Whether he is equal to Rodgers or Wilson is inconsequential. He already has the equal of their career accolades in just a short 2 years. Right now, he is undoubtedly the best player in the NFL. And it's no surprise they are hyping him, because he is the peak of the NFL brand right now. A clean cut soft spoken individual killing it on the field. Why wouldn't the NFL want to sell him down people's throats. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

FWIW Jalen picked the wrong option based on the coverage and this route options. He sat down. When the coverage dicrated going underneath the LB. Carr anticipated Jalen to be there instead Jalen sat the route. 

He threw the ball after jalen had already broke inside. If he wasnt looking to check it down so fast that dont happen. Plus if richard runs the so called right route he is right there on Richard regardless. 

2 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

To play fair. The Mia int was meh nobody open at least he gave his wr a shot. like to see the wr fight more for it

gb int was short armed into double coverage meh at least he gave his te a shot could’ve made a better pass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

regardless there was no pressure. No reason to throw that. He literally threw a floater in an NFL game. That was a pass you throw to a kid

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

To play fair. The Mia int was meh nobody open at least he gave his wr a shot. like to see the wr fight more for it

gb int was short armed into double coverage meh at least he gave his te a shot could’ve made a better pass

You can question his pocket presence there and his choice to throw that pass on 1st down. But pass protection could have been better and WR could have took a PI there. 

The green bay was a complete short arm pass. Waller had an easy TD and no penalty was called. I guess the rationale is that the ball was short by the time the contact was made. Regardless, NFL QBs gotta make that pass