New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I’m not sure i understand, are you saying you’d like to pay a guy $5 million to start? That’s  big drop because unless it’s a rookie, a guy is only taking that much because they haven’t got any other choice in teams. 

7$million to compete not promise the starting spot

Just now, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Mahomes throws to the deep receiver for a completion and makes it look easy. Carr doesn't have this ability.

I don't know why you're trying to compare anyone to Mahomes. Mahomes is far and away the best in the league.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

I don't know why you're trying to compare anyone to Mahomes. Mahomes is far and away the best in the league.

Not comparing per se. It was a response to the posters who said he didn't have open receivers and it would be a hard thrown to make. I used Mahomes as an example. Remove Mahomes and insert any top ten QB then.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Mahomes is a very good player but I feel like I’m the only one not buying all the hype, I don’t believe he’s better than Rodgers or Wilson let alone being far and away the best. Maybe I’m not a prisoner of the moment or maybe I’m just incorrect 😁😁

Anyone else feel like the media is just driving this guy down our throats? Every time I’ve watched him he’s made some brilliant plays but also some really amateur plays and errors too. I actually don’t hate the Chiefs so I don’t think I’m being too biased!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Not comparing per se. It was a response to the posters who said he didn't have open receivers and it would be a hard thrown to make. I used Mahomes as an example. Remove Mahomes and insert any top ten QB then.

Tbh I’m not sure every top QB can make that pass. Mahomes, Wilson and Stafford can 100%. It’s a hard pass, if you plant your feet you’re going to take a hit and if you throw it on the run you better have an A+ arm. 

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Mahomes throws to the deep receiver for a completion and makes it look easy. Carr doesn't have this ability.

Any qb with guts and arm talent makes the deep throw imo. Imo that’s just a nfl caliber throw.

2016 carr makes that throw for a toe tap or toe drag completion on the sideline. Add to the fact we were down in the 4th... why isn’t he looking downfield ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

this.... its the same as Elway being with the donks, he`s gonna be there awhile and be a severe pain. we never had a better qb than him while he was playing. but we did have a few TEAMS good enough to beat him. and at the time he was one of the best and a HOFer. build the flippin team.  IMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I don't agree with you.  That's a major decline in QB play.  I would literally saw off my right leg before considering this move if I had any power in the Raiders organization.  I would fist fight J. Gruden for a brutal 37 seconds before him having to pry the phone from my dead, cold fingers.  M. Mariota is garbage.  Garbage. Period. Done. Good day Sir!

I was being a little nice bro....I get it you don't care for Mariota. good day to you sir! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Where are those posters?

they were complaining carr would have to throw it cross his body etc etc football 101 etc etc

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Trade Carr for a 2nd

sign Mariota 

draft love or Eason 

Mariota/kizer/love & Eason 

Not a fan whatsoever of bringing Mariota in. 

Do we think Gruden would roll with a rookie QB? His history is always to go with a vet QB isn’t it? Has he ever taken a QB in the 1st round? 

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Mahomes is a very good player but I feel like I’m the only one not buying all the hype, I don’t believe he’s better than Rodgers or Wilson let alone being far and away the best. Maybe I’m not a prisoner of the moment or maybe I’m just incorrect 😁😁

Anyone else feel like the media is just driving this guy down our throats? Every time I’ve watched him he’s made some brilliant plays but also some really amateur plays and errors too. I actually don’t hate the Chiefs so I don’t think I’m being too biased!

He is the best in the AFC west however.