New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Had an interesting thought about this whole situation. If Carr gets released or traded this off-season I'll be a bit bummed, but I'll move on and be excited for whoever our next QB is. Of course I'll be a bit shocked if it's someone like Brady, but that's besides the point.

So how will some of you feel if that doesn't happen? They weren't lying this whole time or keeping his trade value up. He's the starter and that's that, just like last year.

Taking it one step further. He's the starter and plays extremely well and we win at least one playoff game. How do you feel then?

Just curious.

If he balls out I’ll gladly eat crow hell I’ll make the eat crow thread. I don’t think I could stomach another season watching him throw to rbs and te’s. I’ll watch the games but once he starts crapping in his diaper I’m turning the tv off

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

thats interesting to see another forum lol we are on another level lol

Yikeeessss. Carr could thrive in Indy. Best Offensive Line in the NFL and they play in a dome. In Chicago...? Constantly 35-40 degrees where Carr is terrible in and they have a Bottom 10 OL. He'd be terrible there.

Carrs first two years in the league, he threw the 2nd most TDs in a players first two years I believe.

we had a bad oline these years.

the carr needs a good oline is made up because we have a good one, but Carr makes our oline look better than they are.

the guy gets rid of the ball in 2 seconds. Everyone here constantly brings that up, and hates him for it.... but now also saying he depends on a good oline.

obviously a good oline will benefit any qb, but I dont think Carr depends ona good oline at all. He gets the ball out way to quick. 

I mean we have a top 5 Oline, (id say most agree), and Carr still doesnt take shots. That is not who he is, he wants to get ball out quick. him with the bears WRs would be interesting.
Side note, what happened to Carr throwing those back shoulder passes down the sidelines, he used to be money at those. Now all i ever see are his stupid lobs it seems

Edited by BackinBlack
added last line
  • Like 1

because of the cold though i agree, Carr would struggle there.

if he remains a raider I am def happy we are moving to vegas, and a dome. 
will be a crazy offseason. So excited to watch this unfold. 
easily the best tweet ive seen regarding the carrs rumor, was AB tweeting DC he will buy his house lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Carrs first two years in the league, he threw the 2nd most TDs in a players first two years I believe.

the carr needs a good oline is made up because we have a good one, but Carr makes our oline look better than they are.

the guy gets rid of the ball in 2 seconds. Everyone here constantly brings that up, and hates him for it.... but now also saying he depends on a good oline.

obviously a good oline will benefit any qb, but I dont think Carr depends ona good oline at all. He gets the ball out way to quick. 

I mean we have a top 5 Oline, (id say most agree), and Carr still doesnt take shots. That is not who he is, he wants to get ball out quick. him with the bears WRs would be interesting.
Side note, what happened to Carr throwing those back shoulder passes down the sidelines, he used to be money at those. Now all i ever see are his stupid lobs it seems

I think Gruden's scheme is also built on the short passing game.  I believe a lot of fans have stated that before, that Gruden's offensive game planning is built around the short passing game.  Also, I don't think we had a WR that could stretch the field consistently last season.  We need one, bad.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I’ll give Carr credit for one thing and that’s is the ability to divide a fan base like no other player has ever done. 

That is true, and ironically Carr’s personality (to me at least) is as “inclusive” as it gets.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

That’s an interesting take and I don’t necessarily disagree with you nor totally agree.... but I do find the take interesting

I think people say Carr needs a good OLine because he gets so effected by pressure, especially up the middle.

its really a two part thing to me... and why we need WRs with speed and separation downfield:  Carr’s quick short passes work... until defenses have only to defend that, then it doesn’t.  Carr’s quick passes doesn’t require a strong OL, until he’s feeling pressure or needs to hold onto it longer to go deeper down the field.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I’ll give Carr credit for one thing and that’s is the ability to divide a fan base like no other player has ever done. 

You obviously weren’t here during the 2007 draft. JR v CJ was epic.