New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wouldn't shock me. Mayock is a boss and calls things how he sees it. This guy is aggressively smart when it comes to winning a championship. Exactly what you want. You don't want conservatively/complacent smart and you don't want a dumb GM in any way.

“I think Derek Carr is a franchise quarterback. I truly believe that,” Mayock said

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/raiders-gm-mike-mayock-says-derek-carr-franchise-quarterback

Guys, we got em.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

That quote was from when he was hired and his feelings for Carr could have changed especially with being able to see Carr work every day. 

You know, Derek handled everything Jon threw at him mentally. I thought he progressed at a rapid rate in year two in Jon's system.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/raiders-derek-carr-progressed-rapid-rate-2019-mike-mayock-says

Fish in a barrel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Point is, don't believe hearsay from beat reporters (especially Middlekauff who is a verified hack) and don't believe what GM's say just because it agrees with your side.

After Mack and coop got traded nobody is safe imo not even carr.

They talk guys up imo cause it’s a business. why tell potential buyers that your carr shakes uncontrollably when going over 60mph. No you’re gonna say it’s a great, reliable, commuter, daily driver and hope like hell they don’t take it on the freeway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

They talk guys up imo cause it’s a business. why tell potential buyers that your carr shakes uncontrollably when going over 60mph. No you’re gonna say it’s a great, reliable, commuter, daily driver and hope like hell they don’t take it on the freeway.

There's also the strong possibility that Carr won't be moved and Mayock doesn't want to poison the well.

That said, if there are reports I do trust it's from the national guys--specifically Rappaport, Glazer, and Schefter.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

There's also the strong possibility that Carr won't be moved and Mayock doesn't want to poison the well.

That said, if there are reports I do trust it's from the national guys--specifically Rappaport, Glazer, and Schefter.

Could be true also...it’s a poker game right now only time will tell if we’re bluffing 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Could be true also...it’s a poker game right now only time will tell if we’re bluffing 

Generally, I don't but into the line of thinking that praise of players is in motivation to drum up their trade value. It's not like Carr's tape is forbidden for other teams to see.

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Generally, I don't but into the line of thinking that praise of players is in motivation to drum up their trade value. It's not like Carr's tape is forbidden for other teams to see.

True but it also keeps his value high. And if the fo is in love with him and says things like “he’s our franchise qb no doubt and he will be resigned because we have total faith in him”. Even if he looks garbage on tape the sentimental value portrayed by the fo sets the market for said player and other teams know they can’t low ball you cause of the love you portray. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sold as is.

Had an interesting thought about this whole situation. If Carr gets released or traded this off-season I'll be a bit bummed, but I'll move on and be excited for whoever our next QB is. Of course I'll be a bit shocked if it's someone like Brady, but that's besides the point.

So how will some of you feel if that doesn't happen? They weren't lying this whole time or keeping his trade value up. He's the starter and that's that, just like last year.

Taking it one step further. He's the starter and plays extremely well and we win at least one playoff game. How do you feel then?

Just curious.

I want him to be good. I dont want to use draft capital and fa money on a qb. However, as badly as I want him to be good, I dont think hes a guy that can consistently get us to the playoffs, let alone advance. With that said, if he returns as starter, I'm rooting for him to prove me wrong.

• Like 1