New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

15 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

😂😂😂 

Raider Cody responded to this on twitter.  Made fun of the fact that the DE can't even count to two.  Said he'd rather keep M. Crosby who can count to 4 anyway.  It's going to be funny if he ends up signing with us.  Might have to delete this post later for that contract he wants.  I don't care either way.  We won that game, refs took it from us.  All Raiders fans can agree on that.  DC's scramble to end the game that was called out of bounds is one of the biggest middle fingers we've ever received from the refs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who is Phil Jones ? Lol these guys on social media have no life, just make up fake sports news 

No clue, just some guy on Twitter.  I follow a handful of writers and they follow some other people and next thing you know Phil Jones is popping up on Twitter with his insider news.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Jimmy G is workable yes. But doesn't fold in the pocket and plays all out for his team.

I agree, the talent needs to be better around WHATEVER QB the Raiders put out there. Especially on D. But I also have seen enough of Carr to know that even with a great defense, He can still be rattled and rendered completely ineffective if pressured.

The Raiders can add talent but Carr is still going to be Carr mentally and that is why I'm ready to move on. 

Say that is true. I’d rather keep Carr this year, spend our assets on building up the roster Give him all he needs to be successful, if he stinks it up we have a strong roster and are in position to make a move on a QB we like.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

If it is going to happen before the draft would be a good choice.  Maybe a team that missed out on a QB this year trades away a 2nd 2020 and #1 in 2021 for him the second day of the draft.  Getting a starting QB for 3 years  $58 million is not bad.  A new team and system might help him also.  Maybe a team like the Saints, Panthers, or Patriots.

Only secure starters making less than him on average are Dalton and Brissett.  The rest are still on rookie contracts.

Carr goes to the Saints, Patriots, or Bears and I think they're going far into the playoffs.  I know other people say he doesn't have the it factor, but if those teams are bringing him in then there is obviously something there.  I think he'd win a championship if he went to New England, not because he's an amazing QB, but because he's good enough to win one with Satan at HC.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo kittles and deebo

nobody knew about brieda, mostert and tevin started out really pedestrian 

I’m sure everyone in the league knows Shanahan’s don’t need top end RBs to put together a top end run game.

43 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Raider Cody responded to this on twitter.  Made fun of the fact that the DE can't even count to two.  Said he'd rather keep M. Crosby who can count to 4 anyway.  It's going to be funny if he ends up signing with us.  Might have to delete this post later for that contract he wants.  I don't care either way.  We won that game, refs took it from us.  All Raiders fans can agree on that.  DC's scramble to end the game that was called out of bounds is one of the biggest middle fingers we've ever received from the refs.

I don't agree to that. Good teams overcome bad calls. Raiders still had the lead in that game and managed to miss a FG and give up a game winning score. So no, not all Raider fans agree.

I'm tired of the Raider fan victim mentality. Refs always screw us... we would have won but but... Be great, overcome bad calls and win. PERIOD. 

44 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Carr goes to the Saints, Patriots, or Bears and I think they're going far into the playoffs.  I know other people say he doesn't have the it factor, but if those teams are bringing him in then there is obviously something there.  I think he'd win a championship if he went to New England, not because he's an amazing QB, but because he's good enough to win one with Satan at HC.

Checks average temperature in these cities in Nov. and Dec......

Yes, Carr can get to the playoffs when everything breaks right. The problem is, he doesn't have the tenacity and mental toughness to handle playoff football. Until he shows he can RISE in the face of pressure and adversity, he will have this stigma.

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't agree to that. Good teams overcome bad calls. Raiders still had the lead in that game and managed to miss a FG and give up a game winning score. So no, not all Raider fans agree.

I'm tired of the Raider fan victim mentality. Refs always screw us... we would have won but but... Be great, overcome bad calls and win. PERIOD. 

This isn't a "victim" mentality, this is literally pointing out that the refs called DC out of bounds when he was about 5 yards from the OB line.  If he was out of bounds and I was arguing that he was, then that's a victim mentality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Say that is true. I’d rather keep Carr this year, spend our assets on building up the roster Give him all he needs to be successful, if he stinks it up we have a strong roster and are in position to make a move on a QB we like.

I'd rather have someone who can do something with this strong roster you speak of this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

This isn't a "victim" mentality, this is literally pointing out that the refs called DC out of bounds when he was about 5 yards from the OB line.  If he was out of bounds and I was arguing that he was, then that's a victim mentality.

Saying the refs screwed them out of the win is the victim  mentality. They had the lead, the ball and controlled the outcome.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Thomas would be so frustrated with Carr.

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

If Dilfer can win a Super Bowl then just about the worst game manager can but the chances are small.  Carr can win a championship under close to ideal circumstances but he is more likely not to be the reason why a team loses rather than why a team wins.  I want to find a QB that is the latter.  It is up to the team and both roads will be hard and require some fortuitous circumstances to go along with good planning.  This past Super Bowl shows best case scenario, outside of the Super Bowl result, of the 2 roads.  Carr is pretty close to Garappolo and that is the type of talent we would need to surround him with.  The luck would be playing the cold weather team at home to get to the Super Bowl.  Playing in GB in January could easily end with a different result.  The other side of the coin is getting lucky and finding a top tier QB to go with some talent that the timing allows for everyone to get paid.  A top QB allowed for the team to come from behind every game.  There is not a right decision right now and the judgment can only be made with hindsight.  Mayock and Gruden have to look at what philosophy they want to have and the likely hood of each road leading to the goal.  Still an educated guess.