New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Yea and neither are his WRs, so let’s get weapons and see who he truly is. Last year he had Renfrow a 5th round steal as his go to guy, A hurt TW, Zay Jones, Keelan Doss, Rico Gafford, Trevor Davis etc...come on man

You can see who he is by watching him play, weapons have nothing to do with everything i just said above. He plays scared and it won't matter who he has to throw to.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

You can see who he is by watching him play, weapons have nothing to do with everything i just said above. He plays scared and it won't matter who he has to throw to.

I think carr needs a change of scenery he’s too emotionally tied to the raiders that he can’t do his job properly. With all the media stuff swirling I can’t see him being mentally tough enough to hold it together. Especially if/when we bring in a new qb if carr is still here. He’s prolly never had qb competition in his life especially being David’s lil bro 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We will see, he’ll be our QB in 2020, and I’m sure we’ll add some WRs this offseason. 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think carr needs a change of scenery he’s too emotionally tied to the raiders that he can’t do his job properly. With all the media stuff swirling I can’t see him being mentally tough enough to hold it together. Especially if/when we bring in a new qb if carr is still here. He’s prolly never had qb competition in his life especially being David’s lil bro 

He beat out Matt Schaub his rookie year 

Carr’s making 19mil this year, the starting QBs below him are mostly guys on their Rookie deals. With guys like Mahomes, Dak and possibly Teddy surpassing his this offseason. 

yall act like he’s the highest paid QB In the league, and performing as the NFLs worst.

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

He beat out Matt Schaub his rookie year 

Wow Matt schaub leader of the captain average qb club. Plus everyone knows the job was Carr’s. Maybe schaub groomed carr to be what he is today that would explain a lot actually that explains a hell of a lot

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

40 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wow Matt schaub leader of the captain average qb club. Plus everyone knows the job was Carr’s. Maybe schaub groomed carr to be what he is today that would explain a lot actually that explains a hell of a lot

Just pointing out what you said was wrong

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What a bad take lol.... over thinking this a bit, dC is happy and living a good life 

Here’s the full thing from his article in the Athletic 

Meanwhile the Raiders, for all their messages about loving Carr, have been working behind the scenes to find a replacement. I have written several times about the disconnect between Carr and Raiders head coach Jon Gruden and this quarterback market is too tempting for Gruden to ignore. Carr has trade value, which is why everyone from the Raiders always says beautiful things about his future when speaking publicly. But Carr has no future in Las Vegas and Gruden will do everything in his power to fix the position. Will Brady entertain Vegas? It’s hard for me to see Gruden and Brady co-existing even though both men have a competitive drive. The Raiders’ offensive line would be appealing to Brady, but would he be willing to run the West Coast offense after so many years in his offense? Call me skeptical.

—I could see the Raiders making a move for Ryan Tannehill if the Titans do not franchise him. Tannehill would give Gruden the athlete he covets at the position, a player capable of making something out of nothing when the play breaks down. Would Tannehill serve as a good bridge player? Yes, though that’s nothing to get too excited about in the long term, because to beat the Chiefs and Mahomes in the AFC West, Gruden is going to need to find his elite player of the future, not just a bridge.

• Like 4