New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

😂😂😂 

Hmm so Derek was talking trash ? 
is this that fire everyone says they wish carr had? 
ive never seen that / heard reports of Carr doing that. Kinda surprised. 
Carr’s best scramble of the year sealed that win for us and the refs just called him OBs. 
maybe he was more fired up then usual that game? He actually ran a few times IIRC 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

If you think the pass game set up the run for those guys I don’t know what to tell you

Pretend you’re a defensive cord. In the regular season you are about to face the niners. 

who do you think is the biggest threat you want to contain?

garapolo, mostert, kittles, tevin, deebo etc?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Pretend you’re a defensive cord. In the regular season you are about to face the niners. 

kittle would be the biggest threat, but I would imagine, most D cordintors playing the niners game plan would have been.. stop the run and see if Garapolo can beat us with his arm.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

😂😂😂 

Did he lose track after the 1st sack?  Sounds like he is not that smart.  A 2 game sack is a really good week but saying you lost track when you only had two, 1 against Parker,  just makes you look stupid.  Crosby saying he lost track against the Bengals or Mack saying he lost track against the Broncos is some good trash talk.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

kittle would be the biggest threat, but I would imagine, most D cordintors playing the niners game plan would have been.. stop the run and see if Garapolo can beat us with his arm.

Stop the run against the 49ers and they look like the team that played in the Super Bowl not the team that got them to the Super Bowl.  Garoppolo passed for 208 yards in the 2 playoff games combined.  They also rushed for 6 TDs and passed for 1.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Stop the run against the 49ers and they look like the team that played in the Super Bowl not the team that got them to the Super Bowl.  Garoppolo passed for 208 yards in the 2 playoff games combined.  They also rushed for 6 TDs and passed for 1.

Regular season... not post season 

19 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Imo kittles and deebo

nobody knew about brieda, mostert and tevin started out really pedestrian 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Regular season... not post season 

I would still stop the run but a lot of that would depend on how my team matched up against them.  From a Raiders perspective I try to control the clock with my run game.  Then I focus on stopping their run game  and hope there passing game can not get in sync.  Kittle and Deebo are great weapons but SF is a run first offense.  Hopefully my team can play more physical than theirs.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The run game was everything, the threw the ball 8 times in the NFC Championship game.

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

49ers were 6 1/2 minutes away from the title with a "workable" QB. There are other ways to win a title with less than a top 3 QB. Thats why i prefer to continue building up the roster. Even if we do run into a Elite QB, they still need help around them.

Jimmy G is workable yes. But doesn't fold in the pocket and plays all out for his team.

I agree, the talent needs to be better around WHATEVER QB the Raiders put out there. Especially on D. But I also have seen enough of Carr to know that even with a great defense, He can still be rattled and rendered completely ineffective if pressured.

The Raiders can add talent but Carr is still going to be Carr mentally and that is why I'm ready to move on. 

12 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I mean the salary cap is definitely workable and you sacrifice future cap hell to overload a current roster, so I agree to an extent. 

but i feel like Al Davis felt that it was a myth too at the end of his life, and also didn’t care about the money. 
that completely sewered is for 2012-2015. 
Reggie McKenzie gets no love from us, and def had to go, but I very much appreciated him getting the raiders out of cap hell.

Al Davis was an anomaly. He repeatedly through huge money at average players like Kelly and Route. 

Reggie's got them out of that mess, but then refused to use that money to sign bigger talent in FA. So what was the point?

15 hours ago, Geezy said:

That workable QB also had a top 2 defense that gave him great field position and extra possessions all year long. 

And one of the best offensive minds in football.  Shanahan may have lost the superbowl, but his play calling is top notch in the NFL.

• Like 1