New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jets, Vikings, and both Chief games are on Carr playing scared and not moving the chains. Those four blowouts are on him, not the defense. The first Chief game is 50% Riley 50% Carr. 

Packer blowout is on the defense. Defense was terrible and Carr played well. 

Meh that carr redzone fumble tho was clutch in the 2nd qtr

defense did get torched tho

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So basically top ten redzone offense from 99 to 01. Then tanked with the bucs...

Iirc bucs were a historic defensive team with a journey man qb when oak was an offensive team with a bend but don’t break defensive mentality. Not surprised redzone production went down.

Musgrave was a journeyman OC but managed to get better results in the red zone. 

You guys claim I’m over the top which is fine but name one starting QB who plays like more of a p**** than Derek Carr besides Jacoby Brisset. I feel like you guys really don’t watch enough football outside of Raider games and National TV games. I’m not saying he’s the 2nd worst QB in the league, he’s around 20th or 21st probably. 

- Throws short of the chains on 3rd down constantly, multiple coaching staffs so gtfo with Grudens system BS. 

- Throws away on 4th down

- Beta Male, Passive Aggressive constantly... 

- Throwing within 10 yards is his bread and butter. Which is why teams play us shallow like Baseball. Direct Carr quote from Mid 2018, “You can only throw deep once a game” What. The. F***.”

- Bottom 5 in actual air yards traveled 3 seasons in a row

- Panics in the pocket extremely quickly

So yes, call me a Carr hater, that’s fine. If he’s the starter Week 1 I’ll still root for his lame conservative a** and even says Lets go Carr multiple times. 

For a more in depth Non-Bias Analysis on Carr I have ten pages ago here, that would be hard to argue with: 

Sums up Carr to a T, his entire career dating back to college. 

• Like 1

Amari legit gave up on the team. DC had fantastic downfield chemistry with Crab, are we  gonna forget that?

If we’re talking fit, he would throw a lot of fades to Ceedee. Him and Tyrell were getting along great pre injury. Ditto with Renfrow.

I don’t understand scapegoating the qb for late season injuries. The whole team declined down the stretch because of injuries. The offense was stripped laughably bare down the stretch. When the offense was intact, it looked good, albeit without a dynamic WR in the RZ/to stretch the field.

This is the rationale I feel the FO has. Only time will tell who is correct.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Having a rotating door at QB is the AFC East model.

Under my evaluation, Carr is as good a player as Garoppollo. They're different players, but I believe Carr is at least just as good. Garoppollo, playing with an elite defensive line and playcaller, was a completion away from beating Mahomes and: an elite playcaller in Reid, an elite receiver and tight end, and a playmaking defense if Jones returns.

The question then becomes: is playing the QB lottery a better move than making the rest of the team better? Right now, the Raiders have a great running game, an elite tight end, and the worst defensive roster to play against Mahomes (we have one good pass rusher and a near league-worst secondary).

I've said this before, but the only QB within range who I think might be a rising tide-type player is Jacob Eason. He's got a field tipping arm and is good enough in other respects to make a difference over Carr. Otherwise, I'm seeing a player who I project as being worse than Carr (Love, Fromm, Herbert) or out of range and risky considering the team's needs (Tua, Burrow).

Thank you. This is exactly what gruden and Mayock will think. Sane minds prevail. 

10 minutes ago, Dessie said:

‘15 & ‘16. Even Downing in ‘17 had a better RZ TD offense. 

we only made it to the redzone 41 times and only scored 25 tds

we only made it to the redzone 34 times and only scored 20tds

sure better %’s but way less tds

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

we only made it to the redzone 41 times and only scored 25 tds

we only made it to the redzone 34 times and only scored 20tds

sure better %’s but way less tds

Downing scored more points per game as well than Gruden.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So basically top ten redzone offense from 99 to 01. Then tanked with the bucs...

Iirc bucs were a historic defensive team with a journey man qb when oak was an offensive team with a bend but don’t break defensive mentality. Not surprised redzone production went down.

Thank you I was going to post the exact same thing TB was built on defense. Gruden got there and gave them just enough offense to win a SB.

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Middlekauf is starting to say how it's Mayock is the one who doesn't like Derek Carr. Thought that was interesting so looked up Mayock draft rankings and he had Carr 3rd or 4th in his QB rankings. 

Wouldn't shock me. Mayock is a boss and calls things how he sees it. This guy is aggressively smart when it comes to winning a championship. Exactly what you want. You don't want conservatively/complacent smart and you don't want a dumb GM in any way.