New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

Wait...does anyone here really expect a QB to throw across his body on the run? This isn’t madden. Just because the guy is open doesn’t mean that you can make the throw. 

Now I will admit that Carr makes dumb decisions but i can’t really fault him here. If he tries to throw to anyone and completes it then it would be a top 10 throw for sure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Wait...does anyone here really expect a QB to throw across his body on the run? This isn’t madden. Just because the guy is open doesn’t mean that you can make the throw. 

Now I will admit that Carr makes dumb decisions but i can’t really fault him here. If he tries to throw to anyone and completes it then it would be a top 10 throw for sure. 

According to the “smart” one he is better than Mahomes. So yeah

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Right? Rolling to his right they want a throw 20-25 yards down the middle across his body. This is why I dot even bother sometimes 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Right? Rolling to his right they want a throw 20-25 yards down the middle across his body. This is why I dot even bother sometimes 

Pause it at 17 sec and look at the 50 yard line. Is that guy running down the 50 open?

carr wouldn’t have to throw it cross his body

or pause it at 18 sec again he wouldn’t have to throw cross his body literally all three guys were open at 18 sec carr just has to set his feet and either throw down the middle to the short route

low sideline throw to the middle route

or throw the deep route open towards the sideline 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Jerry said:

I think Gruden's scheme is also built on the short passing game.  I believe a lot of fans have stated that before, that Gruden's offensive game planning is built around the short passing game.  Also, I don't think we had a WR that could stretch the field consistently last season.  We need one, bad.

i agree, gruden also likes the short / higher completion pass plays. 

and agreed that we didnt have a wideout who could stretch the field, especially after tyrell got his injury

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That’s an interesting take and I don’t necessarily disagree with you nor totally agree.... but I do find the take interesting

I think people say Carr needs a good OLine because he gets so effected by pressure, especially up the middle.

its really a two part thing to me... and why we need WRs with speed and separation downfield:  Carr’s quick short passes work... until defenses have only to defend that, then it doesn’t.  Carr’s quick passes doesn’t require a strong OL, until he’s feeling pressure or needs to hold onto it longer to go deeper down the field.

fair enough, and agreed that he is effected by pressure up the middle. 
but weve seen him with time, and still check down. 

itll be very interesting to see what raiders do, but, i really do think Gruden was trying to run a ball control / keep the clock moving type offence this year. 

If we get rid of Carr, that theory was obviously wrong. 

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wrs have to have at least 10 yards separation to get a chance, plus gruden only designs 5yrds and below plays duhh fool wrs are just decoys in grudens offense. 

ill counter and say that throwing accross your body, especially when scrambling is regarded as one of the riskiest throws one could make. especially on first down.

I would have like to see him set his feet there and see how the safety reacted though before given up on the play. 
and yes it is clear that once the dlineman is in his face he isnt looking downfield. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

ill counter and say that throwing accross your body, especially when scrambling is regarded as one of the riskiest throws one could make. especially on first down.

I would have like to see him set his feet there and see how the safety reacted though before given up on the play. 
and yes it is clear that once the dlineman is in his face he isnt looking downfield. 

Mr reasonable my homie

what do you see at the 18 second mark

just curious 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Pause it at 17 sec and look at the 50 yard line. Is that guy running down the 50 open?

carr wouldn’t have to throw it cross his body

or pause it at 18 sec again he wouldn’t have to throw cross his body literally all three guys were open at 18 sec carr just has to set his feet and either throw down the middle to the short route

low sideline throw to the middle route

or throw the deep route open towards the sideline 

At 18 seconds I see the CB with his eyes in the backfield and ready to break on a pass.

10 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Luckily you don't decide who builds football teams. 

How many teams have you worked for? How many have offered you a job? Don't worry... I'll wait.

Does this matter? There are a lot of DUMB people working for NFL teams. The job is full of nepotism. It's all who you know, not what you know.

You could find better front office scouts off twitter than some of the clowns who work for these organizations, trust me.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

https://twitter.com/Carrlights/status/1227376323154214912?s=20

Derek Carr career stats vs. the Chiefs Record 2-10 285 for 479 for 2733 yards 15 TD’s & 13 INT’s 32 sacks & 12 fumbles with a 74.6 QBR

This right here is the problem. And I go back to a quote from 2016 after a loss to KC where a member of their defense said they know they can get in his head with pressure. That he rattles easy. Resonates every time they play KC.

If you don't have a QB who can compete with KC, then you are just admitting you're not challenging  for the division. KC owns Derek Carr and THAT is a problem.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mr reasonable my homie

what do you see at the 18 second mark

just curious 

id say, at the 16 second mark carr should have recognized / anticipated that waller wouldve been open.

at 18, the slot CB was running towards waller already, and closing in somewhat fast. for a 30 yard pass, thats a very risky through in my mind.
at 16, it was open, but Carr had already moved on. 

ill add, at 16, it would require Carr to stnd in the pocket, knowing he will take a hit.
ive said, that this is one thing I would love to see Carr do a better job at. 

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

Why are you guys so desperately trying to rid yourselves of Carr????? It makes no sense to me.

His passer rating was over 100 this season (over 90 in 13 out of 16 games). Please don't cherry pick the Chiefs stats, it's not honest evaluation.
He did this all while having.... Hunter Renfrow as his best receiving option? You guys need to get some pass catching weapons. Jacobs is good, but he doesn't play a part in the receiving game at all. 

Dude needs some help.

Edited by Danger