New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

41 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Garoppolo also threw 27 tds

had (3) 4td games and (1) 3td games

all while maintaining a 69% completion rate let’s not act like he doesn’t make big plays.

example sf vs no

He's 31st in big time throws according to this article. That's what i'm discussing. If you're going to discuss the relevance of this article for one player, don't dismiss it for another one.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

He's 31st in big time throws according to this article. That's what i'm discussing. If you're going to discuss the relevance of this article for one player, don't dismiss it for another one.

I don’t like the pff whatever stuff never used it I was just commenting on a article that was presented. You see pff then you compare to what you see with your eyes. I don’t even know what a big time throw consist of in their formula. I wouldnt be bragging on my qb being 27th tho. But I’ve seen Garoppolo lead his team to victory making big time clutch throws. Plus only his te and fb made the pro bowl. Fwiw I don’t think Garoppolo is that talented of a qb but he has guts and takes his shots and gives his guys chances. I can respect that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Cam (2 dead cap), Andy,  Jacoby (12.5 dead cap) last year signed is 2020

Flacco (13.5 dead cap) last year signed is 2021

Alex (32 dead cap) Foles (34 dead cap) and Carr (5 dead cap) last year signed is 2022

Goff (51 dead cap) last year signed is 2024

Looking at it like this makes Goff, Alex, and Foles really bad for the team currently on contract. Jacoby shouldn't leave because cap to dead cap isn't worth it for a team with the cap space they had.

Falcco could go either way being Lock showed enough to allow that dead cap now to move on. Cam and Andy are dead cap friendly, so it depends on the compensation or if they cut because they used a high pick at QB.

Carr has some dead cap but only  about a 1/4 of his base. His base is under 20 million for 3 years to the team acquiring him. 

So to sum it up. This makes Carr and Dalton the best options for a team needing a starting QB. Cam will probably cost too much in draft capital and resigning.

Carr isn’t a better player. On paper, it looks nice but there’s nothing on tape that would suggest that Carr is a better player or an upgrade at the position. Nothing... He’s not a better playmaker, leader or winner. You might save a few bucks but you acquiring mediocrity

https://mobile.twitter.com/buckybrooks/status/1224305550222970880?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fforums.footballsfuture.com%2findex.php%3fapp%3dcore%26module%3dsystem%26controller%3dembed%26url%3dhttps%3a%2f%2ftwitter.com%2fbuckybrooks%2fstatus%2f1224305550222970880

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That’s how everyone thinks of Carr outside the Raider-Carr supporters. 89 excuses, for years now, and do not see clearly. Stop looking at a guy/name. Look at production. Look at play on the field. 

Nope carr gonna win more rings than Mahomes come on its football 101

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

That’s how everyone thinks of Carr outside the Raider-Carr supporters. 89 excuses, for years now, and do not see clearly. Stop looking at a guy/name. Look at production. Look at play on the field. 

Was it play on the field or production that led you to claim Carr was top 12-15 QB 2 months ago ? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Was it play on the field or production that led you to claim Carr was top 12-15 QB 2 months ago ? 

Keep trolling. Carr had a great four game stretch against terrible pass defenses (Lions one of the worst pass defenses of all time), best of anyone in the league, and then reverted right back to conservative, terrible, Derek Carr. I’m a fan of the Raiders. Thought Carr had turned a corner. He did not and he never will. Stop following me around like a lost puppy dog. It’s sad and utterly pathetic. Form your own opinions. I know that is a hard concept for you. All you like to is follow people around being extremely passive aggressive. Perhaps that’s why you like Carr? You both have the same exact personality. Extremely sensitive and passive aggressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr isn’t a better player. On paper, it looks nice but there’s nothing on tape that would suggest that Carr is a better player or an upgrade at the position. Nothing... He’s not a better playmaker, leader or winner. You might save a few bucks but you acquiring mediocrity

https://mobile.twitter.com/buckybrooks/status/1224305550222970880?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fforums.footballsfuture.com%2findex.php%3fapp%3dcore%26module%3dsystem%26controller%3dembed%26url%3dhttps%3a%2f%2ftwitter.com%2fbuckybrooks%2fstatus%2f1224305550222970880

Acquiring Mediocrity. Love it. It is exactly what I been saying about Carr.

If we keep in him as the starter, we are just holding over being mediocre. In my opinion, we'll never see Carr in a Raiders uniform again 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Keep trolling. Carr had a great four game stretch against terrible pass defenses (Lions one of the worst pass defenses of all time), best of anyone in the league, and then reverted right back to conservative, terrible, Derek Carr. I’m a fan of the Raiders. Thought Carr had turned a corner. He did not and he never will. Stop following me around like a lost puppy dog. It’s sad and utterly pathetic. Form your own opinions. I know that is a hard concept for you. All you like to is follow people around being extremely passive aggressive. Perhaps that’s why you like Carr? You both have the same exact personality. Extremely sensitive and passive aggressive. 

So you base your claims on 4 game stretches, good to know. 

• Like 1

One of the comments in that Twitter thread is “Watch out, Carr will challenge you to a cage match” lmao. Last time Stephen A/Max criticized Carr, he literally could not handle it. Got really sensitive and went on crazy sensitive banters. Then blocked both. Then Mike Florio criticized him and the same thing happened with another block.  

This will end with Carr blocking Bucky. Beta Male. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

One of the comments in that Twitter thread is “Watch out, Carr will challenge you to a cage match” lmao. Last time Stephen A/Max criticized Carr, he literally could not handle it. Got really sensitive and went on crazy sensitive banters. Then blocked both. Then Mike Florio criticized him and the same thing happened with another block.  

This will end with Carr blocking Bucky. Beta Male. 

Carr will ask his brother to defend him on NFL network lol

• Like 2