New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

Time to move on from Carr LOL  According to PFF he is the 11th rated QB in the league with trash WR's and a D that can't stop a high school team.  He was rated higher than 41 year old Brady that a lot of homers on here are clamoring for SMH  Better yet he's 10 spots higher than that idiot, piece of trash ol' crab legs that a lot of people wanted over Carr Hahahahah Give me a break and wake up, we are not moving on from Carr this season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-best-quarterbacks-ahead-of-super-bowl-liv

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Time to move on from Carr LOL  According to PFF he is the 11th rated QB in the league with trash WR's and a D that can't stop a high school team.  He was rated higher than 41 year old Brady that a lot of homers on here are clamoring for SMH  Better yet he's 10 spots higher than that idiot, piece of trash ol' crab legs that a lot of people wanted over Carr Hahahahah Give me a break and wake up, we are not moving on from Carr this season.

I’m trying to stay out of this thread as everything there is to say on both sides has been said repeatedly. I also have us keeping Carr one more year in my latest mock but don’t see him as a long term answer at all. 

However, using PFF as your source is pretty laughable. They are no different than 5 of us from this forum making a website, grading box scores, and using nice graphics. Literally. They are only popular because they were 1st. And props to them, all millionaires now. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lolololol wow did you even read what they wrote or did you just look a the rank and post? 

“Carr finished with the third-lowest average depth of target in the league (6.9). Even in games that saw the Raiders fall behind early, Carr rarely pushed the ball down the field”  

-you’re proud of that? That’s like saying you’re a a1 sniper because you hit the bullseye 95% of the time but you’re only standing 10 feet away from the target. He is scared to take big boy shots.

“Carr had the second-lowest percentage of negatively graded throws, but he finished just 27th in big-time throw percentage.”

-basically he is the king of the layup line. he is money on throws 6.9 yards and under. Bravo. Unfortunately it’s a 100 yard field tho.

carr is the nfl version of Shaun Livingston from the warriors. Money from everywhere except beyond the arc. No defender even cares when Livingston is beyond the arc just like no defender cares about carr throwing it past 6.9 yards.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lolololol wow did you even read what they wrote or did you just look a the rank and post? 

“Carr finished with the third-lowest average depth of target in the league (6.9). Even in games that saw the Raiders fall behind early, Carr rarely pushed the ball down the field”  

-you’re proud of that? That’s like saying you’re a a1 sniper because you hit the bullseye 95% of the time but you’re only standing 10 feet away from the target.

“Carr had the second-lowest percentage of negatively graded throws, but he finished just 27th in big-time throw percentage.”

-basically he is the king of the layup line. he is money on throws 6.9 yards and under. Bravo. Unfortunately it’s a 100 yard field tho.

carr is the nfl version of Shaun Livingston from the warriors. Money from everywhere except beyond the arc. No defender even cares when Livingston is beyond the arc just like no defender cares about carr throwing it past 6.9 yards.

Did you read what they wrote or just cherry picked one portion to fit your ridiculous narrative?  Come on man.  

"He never went deep to Wr's like Zay Jones, Rico Gafford, Doss or Ateman aka trash or 5'9 Hunter Renfro therefore Carr is a terrible QB".  That is basically your narrative in a nutshell which is quite possibly the most unintelligent thing I have read on here.  

The writer of the article clearly knows Carr has the skills and arm to push the ball downfield, which Carr does, and two of the three reasons for him not doing so are scheme and the worst WR corp in the NFL.  The 3rd and most lazy/lame excuse is that he is too conservative which is very subjective.  Was his conservativeness because he was throwing to an average number 2 in Williams who is our #1, bums like Ateman, Jones, Gafford and Doss?  The answer is clearly yes bc he possess the skillset to do so which the writer points out by saying, "He has the velocity, touch and accuracy to create big plays". 

Any sane QB throwing to that group of bums would play conservative football (I would) and you guys push the baseless narrative that he has the weapons just doesn't choose to hit our deep threats like Rico Gafford LOL Get a clue....  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

27 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Did you read what they wrote or just cherry picked one portion to fit your ridiculous narrative?  Come on man.  

"He never went deep to Wr's like Zay Jones, Rico Gafford, Doss or Ateman aka trash or 5'9 Hunter Renfro therefore Carr is a terrible QB".  That is basically your narrative in a nutshell which is quite possibly the most unintelligent thing I have read on here.  

The writer of the article clearly knows Carr has the skills and arm to push the ball downfield, which Carr does and two of the 3 reasons for him not doing so are scheme and the worst WR corp in the NFL.  The 3rd and most lazy/lame excuse is that he is too conservative which is very subjective.  Was his conservativeness because he was throwing to an average number 2 in Williams who is our #1, bums like Ateman, Jones, Gafford and Doss?  The answer is clearly yes bc he possess the skillset to do so which the writer points out. 

Any sane QB throwing to that group of bums would play conservative football (I would) and you guys push the baseless narrative that he has the weapons just doesn't choose to hit our deep threats like Rico Gafford LOL Get a clue....  

No my narrative is carr plays scared to pad his stats to give his supporters a leg to stand on. The fact that he won’t even try to go deep even when we’re losing big shows he doesn’t care about winning. He has no confidence in himself. His completion % helps him sleep at night. He has low int #’s cause he doesn’t even challenge dbs. He challenges lbs and anyone within 7 yards of the los. 

It’s like being down by 3 and taking a last second layup. Sure you get the points but the team lost. Mambas would take the 3 and either tie or lose. Carr would just rather lose

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

No my narrative is carr plays scared to pad his stats to give his supporters a leg to stand on. The fact that he won’t even try to go deep even when we’re losing big shows he doesn’t care about winning. He has no confidence in himself. His completion % helps him sleep at night. He has low int #’s cause he doesn’t even challenge dbs. He challenges lbs and anyone within 7 yards of the los. 

It’s like being down by 3 and taking a last second layup. Sure you get the points but the team lost. Mambas would take the 3 and either tie or lose. Carr would just rather lose

Wow, some people are just flat out clueless.  

Go root for the Bucks and your "mamba savior" in ol' crab legs.  He will "go deep" all day long for you with quite possibly the best 1/2 Wr corp in the NFL.  What did that get ol' Crab legs, a 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio and 30 picks LOL.  Have ol Carb legs pull that same garbage throwing to Ateman and Gafford and he would have had 50 picks. "But he goes deep therefor he is a good QB'.  WOW

Brady ranked just 23rd in big-time throw percentage, but he finished eighth at avoiding turnover-worthy plays.

Garoppolo ranked just 31st in big-time throw percentage, but he finished fifth in percentage of on-target throws.

Issue is that the eye test, we know Carr doesn't test Defenses down the field, even when we are down at critical parts of the game.

He constantly throws short of the sticks and checks down the ball before routes can develop 

He doesn't even try to the football into the endzone at times. The conservative ball leads up to Ls

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I mean they had the number 1 and 2 rank defenses. Both of the defenses was on record setting paces at one point. 

The raiders dont have that unfortunately. 

I agree the Raiders don't have that. It just shows you can win without a big play QB/scheme.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I agree the Raiders don't have that. It just shows you can win without a big play QB/scheme.

Garoppolo also threw 27 tds

had (3) 4td games and (1) 3td games

all while maintaining a 69% completion rate let’s not act like he doesn’t make big plays.

example sf vs no

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dante9876 said:

I mean they had the number 1 and 2 rank defenses. Both of the defenses was on record setting paces at one point. 

The raiders dont have that unfortunately. 

Perfect example Sf vs no

defense needs qb help too sometimes you have to have a shootout. Sometimes your qb has to take chances. Sf has a great defense but their qb also contributed to their success by scoring, keeping t/o low and to score you have to take chances.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Wow, some people are just flat out clueless.  

Go root for the Bucks and your "mamba savior" in ol' crab legs.  He will "go deep" all day long for you with quite possibly the best 1/2 Wr corp in the NFL.  What did that get ol' Crab legs, a 1 to 1 TD to INT ratio and 30 picks LOL.  Have ol Carb legs pull that same garbage throwing to Ateman and Gafford and he would have had 50 picks. "But he goes deep therefor he is a good QB'.  WOW

Will you ever hold carr accountable for anything? He’s been a check down guy his whole life. Only time he showed guts to throw down field is when your boy coop was here who you blamed for Carr’s failures when carr decided to ignore him before he got traded to dall and continued being a quality top 10 wr 

• Like 1