New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He had a great four game stretch, and I thought he had turned a corner. He didn’t. I won’t be fooled again. 

It was after week 11 when we were 6-4. You said Carr was having a fantastic season, the season you wanted him to have, and said he was playing so well we shouldn’t be looking to draft a replacement. 

Quit whining, you are happy bleating on post after post saying the same thing then when your contradictions are highlighted you always start crying. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 6

On 1/25/2020 at 11:50 PM, raidr4life said:

Not True if you not scoring points in the 2nd half of games.

Our inability to score after the half has more to do with our coach's half time adjustments than QB play.  You placing the blame solely on D. Carr is just ridiculous.  I hate that I have to comment on such ridiculous posts, but I just can't read this and allow you to think you're completely right.  This is literally one of the worst analyses I've ever seen.

• Like 6

On 1/26/2020 at 1:05 AM, Dessie said:

It was after week 11 when we were 6-4. You said Carr was having a fantastic season, the season you wanted him to have, and said he was playing so well we shouldn’t be looking to draft a replacement. 

Quit whining, you are happy bleating on post after post saying the same thing then when your contradictions are highlighted you always start crying. 

You literally cry in every post you make. These are the only type of posts you make, literally. Never once have you contributed with any opinions or insight. 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Our inability to score after the half has more to do with our coach's half time adjustments than QB play.  You placing the blame solely on D. Carr is just ridiculous.  I hate that I have to comment on such ridiculous posts, but I just can't read this and allow you to think you're completely right.  This is literally one of the worst analyses I've ever seen.

Then you dont watch him play, you can keep blaming everybody and they mama if you so choose.

6 hours ago, Jerry said:

There are a million reasons why we didn't play well in 2nd halves, especially down the stretch. Massive amounts of injuries to an already talent depleted team certainly didn't' help. But let's push narratives because it's easier.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There are a million reasons why we didn't play well in 2nd halves, especially down the stretch. Massive amounts of injuries to an already talent depleted team certainly didn't' help. But let's push narratives because it's easier.

Meh Defense was just as depleted if not more than the offense but people still blame the defense. It’s the nfl no one cares about excuses you either produce or you don’t imo

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh Defense was just as depleted if not more than the offense but people still blame the defense. It’s the nfl no one cares about excuses you either produce or you don’t imo

Yup this is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm' pretty sure the GM does care and it affects his evaluation of the qb as well as the whole team. But what do I know.

I'm not talking about the defense or offense in particular. We had tons of injuries on both sides of the ball. It's a large part of what caused us to go 1-5.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I'm not only blaming the defense.  I just listed one of the handful of reasons why we fell apart down the stretch.  J. Jacobs being injured and T. Williams' nagging foot injury both played a huge part in our offense going to crap down the stretch as well.  Derek Carr can't turn D. Washington and J. Richard into J. Jacobs.  You can't just motivate a person to become more talented.  J. Richard and D. Washington will never play at J. Jacob's level.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm not only blaming the defense.  I just listed one of the handful of reasons why we fell apart down the stretch.  J. Jacobs being injured and T. Williams' nagging foot injury both played a huge part in our offense going to crap down the stretch as well.  Derek Carr can't turn D. Washington and J. Richard into J. Jacobs.  You can't just motivate a person to become more talented.  J. Richard and D. Washington will never play at J. Jacob's level.

Yea you’re right how the hell did Russ will motivate 7th rounder Chris Carson 

or arod motivate Aaron “5th round pick” Jones 

Etc etc

secret: you keep the defense honest by throwing past 10+yards

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Washington didnt play awful. And I dont like washinton at all. Yeah he not gonna break tackles at the rate jacobs can. But ncough is right. We had a hard time keeping defenses honest. I cant wait to see what Jacobs do without an injury and with a passing game that back defenses up a bit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Washington didnt play awful. And I dont like washinton at all. Yeah he not gonna break tackles at the rate jacobs can. But ncough is right. We had a hard time keeping defenses honest. I cant wait to see what Jacobs do without an injury and with a passing game that back defenses up a bit. 

I think we can all agree that Carr's inability to overcome deficiencies was a problem but also that he is not the only problem.  Now whether or not Carr can be a really QB again with a good team around him is unanswered.  Only way to answer this is to get a decent backup to come in if Carr fails and see what he can do.  Cook, Manuel, Peterman, Glennon, etc... would all be ranked 30-32 as starters.  If we had Tannehill on this team and he did the same thing in Oakland is anyone trying to go with Carr as the starter next year?  I would not even if I did not resign Tannehill.

Edited by drfrey13

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Exactly imagine how much more productive josh will be if we keep defenses honest. No matter the personnel. You have warm bodies at wr give um a shot deep give the defense something to think about back the safeties up. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Exactly imagine how much more productive josh will be if we keep defenses honest. No matter the personnel. You have warm bodies at wr give um a shot deep give the defense something to think about back the safeties up. 

Exactly people act like teams dont have tons of film of Carr throwing behind the LOS, not taking any deep shots makes him so easy to defend. God if teams couldn't just concentrate on Jacobs. As good as Waller was too, Car held him back because he's so horrible in the redzone. I can imagine what our star players would look like with a Qb who could actually deliver.

• Like 3