New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

50 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m sure system, and playmakers player no part. Smh 

Probably Carr’s inability to go through his progressions beyond his first read. Poor pocket presence. Scared to run. Scared to let his WR make a play. Gutless decision making on crucial downs. 
This isn’t 2016 Carr anymore. Not sure why you act like he is still playing like it.

6 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Probably Carr’s inability to go through his progressions beyond his first read. Poor pocket presence. Scared to run. Scared to let his WR make a play. Gutless decision making on crucial downs. 
This isn’t 2016 Carr anymore. Not sure why you act like he is still playing like it.

your picture says it all. you are literally full of hate, and are a petty individual. beyond me, why you aren't banned from this site

22 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

your picture says it all. you are literally full of hate, and are a petty individual. beyond me, why you aren't banned from this site

All I did is state what Carr does wrong since he broke his leg. He isn’t the same. Why would I get banned for talking football EA21? 

From my perspective Gruden took this job. He said my QB just signed a new deal. I am going to build the team around him the next 2 years while we are in Oakland with the hope he is ready to take us to the promise land. If he doesn't show us he is the guy after that first year in Vegas we will draft a QB in 2021. Until then we need to surround him with talent that way if we need to move on the team around the new QB will be talented. Then Let Carr start the 2021 season with the plan to let the rookie sit the first year but if Carr isn't leading us in the right direction and the rookie looks ready, during the season make the move. Then cut him before the 2022 season with no dead money.

I think if the obvious holes (LBx2, WR, CB2, DT) are filled Carr and the Raiders will will double digit games and challenge the Chiefs for the West, so it won't matter.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

From my perspective Gruden took this job. He said my QB just signed a new deal. I am going to build the team around him the next 2 years while we are in Oakland with the hope he is ready to take us to the promise land. If he doesn't show us he is the guy after that first year in Vegas we will draft a QB in 2021. Until then we need to surround him with talent that way if we need to move on the team around the new QB will be talented. Then Let Carr start the 2021 season with the plan to let the rookie sit the first year but if Carr isn't leading us in the right direction and the rookie looks ready, during the season make the move. Then cut him before the 2022 season with no dead money.

I think if the obvious holes (LBx2, WR, CB2, DT) are filled Carr and the Raiders will will double digit games and challenge the Chiefs for the West, so it won't matter.

Do you think Sammy Watkins would be a good WR for Carr and Gruden.  I am sure he is cut this year if he does not restructure.  The have $50 million locked up between Hill, Kelce, and Watkins with Watkins making $21 and $7 dead money if cut.   2 big ifs are health and would Carr throw to him.  Could be a good 2a to Wiliams 2b and we draft 1 WR.

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Do you think Sammy Watkins would be a good WR for Carr and Gruden.  I am sure he is cut this year if he does not restructure.  The have $50 million locked up between Hill, Kelce, and Watkins with Watkins making $21 and $7 dead money if cut.   2 big ifs are health and would Carr throw to him.  Could be a good 2a to Wiliams 2b and we draft 1 WR.

I think sammy would fit, my problem is his availability. 

I think if we sign Green/Anderson/Watkins we won't draft one in the first though.

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I think if we sign Green/Anderson/Watkins we won't draft one in the first though.

I know there is a lot of talent at WR in this draft but I would rather not be locked into needing a specific position when we are on the clock.  If we sign Watkins and still draft Lamb or we sign Watkins an draft a 3rd round WR does not matter as long as we help the team out as much as possible with our picks.  I would much rather do something that forces us to draft players with our #3's rather than risk us trading for a WR from the Steelers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I would love to sign one of those three WRs and draft one in the first.  I would love for us to be stacked at WR for once.  With our OL, a stacked WR group, and Jacobs at RB, I think our offense would really thrive.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I would love to sign one of those three WRs and draft one in the first.  I would love for us to be stacked at WR for once.  With our OL, a stacked WR group, and Jacobs at RB, I think our offense would really thrive.

Add in Waller... Excuses will be gone.  I could throw for 30TD and 4000 yards in that offense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Williams, FA, 1st round WR, Renefrow,.Zay Jones. 

For me that is too much. Need too much on defense to go this route IMO. I support one of those 3 guys and a WR in the 3rd....or trading up to draft a falling WR in the second. There are like 8 WR 1/top tier 2's in this draft. Some will fall. 

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Regardless of what you think about Carr, I think it’s clear he will be on the roster in 2021 as the presumptive starter. He has been heavily featured in the team’s Vegas transition this week.

I am told he is playing a big part in the organization in general. Which is why I am so adamant that he will have no competition this year for the starting job and he would have to BLOW it next year to even consider The Raider moving on.

My understand is he is involved with targeting FAs. He is involved in giving his opinion on WRs they might target in the draft. Being involved in the way that only FRANCHISE QB's are.

• Like 1