The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

So John Kavanagh said that Conor had already did some damage to that lower leg in camp. Which is crazy if thats the case and they stuck to the game plan with all those kicks.

Yup I said the exact same thing to my wife. We know Conor doesn't pull out so it doesn't surprise me something that small didn't keep him from fighting, but there is 0% chance they would stick to a kick-heavy gameplan if there was an issue with his foot. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, I think Pena's going to get straight up outclassed on the feet. She's too damn slow in her striking to even get in on Amanda IMO.

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats my take as well. Pena will have to hope Amanda gasses out punching Pena in the face repeatedly

I can completely see this happening.  I didn't say that Julianna would be able to box her way in, and secure the takedown.  I said she had the ability to eat some shots, and then secure a takedown...lol.

In fact, unless she gets caught, I think that WILL happen.  The issue will be:   How MUCH damage will be inflicted on the feet?  Can she hold her down?  Will her gnp be able to overcome the jits?

I absolutely see there being WAYYYYYY more advantages, and ways to win for Amanda.  Peña has one path to victory imo, and it's going to be tough to execute!

29 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I can completely see this happening.  I didn't say that Julianna would be able to box her way in, and secure the takedown.  I said she had the ability to eat some shots, and then secure a takedown...lol.

In fact, unless she gets caught, I think that WILL happen.  The issue will be:   How MUCH damage will be inflicted on the feet?  Can she hold her down?  Will her gnp be able to overcome the jits?

I absolutely see there being WAYYYYYY more advantages, and ways to win for Amanda.  Peña has one path to victory imo, and it's going to be tough to execute!

Even that path to victory seems riddled with land mines lol. Basically being a punching bag and hoping Amanda tires. Its been a while since we've seen her make bantamweight though

13 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

So John Kavanagh said that Conor had already did some damage to that lower leg in camp. Which is crazy if thats the case and they stuck to the game plan with all those kicks.

If he actually did have the stress fracture it's crazy that they even let the fight go on in the first place. 

22 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Murphy has zero chance....

I wouldn't sleep on Peña.  Amanda's tdd better be on point.  I get that she has a submission game too, but I think that Peña has just enough of a chin, that she can withstand some punishment, in order to get the fight to the mat.  It's whether or not, her gnp can overcome the jits.

I'm super stoked for the Nunes/Pena fight. Every Nunes fight is her just slaughtering some respectful fighter. Pena is great at talking trash and the build up and press conferences should be really good. I also anticipate Nunes to be pissed and be in top form.

Pena has absolutely no chance to win, imo. She will need a Moutinho-level chin to simply not get finished. Pena has a ground game, but also got subbed by a career striker and does nothing even close to as good as Nunes. I fully anticipate this to look like Prime Rousey vs Bethe Correira or even like Nunes vs Rousey. 

But I will be rooting for Pena 100%, regardless haha!

30 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

I think they are full of crap and excuses, personally. 

I agree, I think it is an excuse. 

However, if it’s not an excuse it’s a terrible look by Dana and McGregors team to let it go on and also a terrible game plan. Oh, your foot is fractured? Throw kicks as hard as you can to start the fight. 

• Like 3

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/07/conor-mcgregor-leg-injury-before-ufc-264-nac-denies-knowing

It really doesn't matter tbh, but I would like to know who knew what in regards to this "injury"

I would guess that there have been plenty of fighters that have gone into a fight, when they shouldn't have.  I'm just tired of the excuses from Conor, and wish he would just take some accountability, and say he lost! 

as i am typing this, I find it ironic that trump was in the audience

🤪

• Like 1

Islam is really good, but the hype around him is getting a little crazy. Khabib saying that he could finish Dustin and Oliveira right now. MMA twitter saying that he would beat any other lightweight on the roster. I don't see it.

I think Poirier, Oliveira, Gaethje, and probably Chandler would all beat him. 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Islam is really good, but the hype around him is getting a little crazy. Khabib saying that he could finish Dustin and Oliveira right now. MMA twitter saying that he would beat any other lightweight on the roster. I don't see it.

I think Poirier, Oliveira, Gaethje, and probably Chandler would all beat him. 

I've seen this take a lot, but I'm curious what makes you think this. 

Seems to me his performance last night was pretty much flawless. Moises is NOT an easy guy to finish anyway, but especially on the ground. I'm not sure what the path to victory is for any of the 4 you mentioned is against Islam apart from hoping for a KO.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)