The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Probably the first one. I cant imagine they want him to get a tuneup and possibly lose. 

I'm thinking that as well... I also wouldn't be surprised if he jumps Ngannou in the queue, even though that would be kinda ****ty for Ngannou.

However, if Lewis were to beat Blaydes, and depending on how long until Stipe vs Ngannou is ready to go, I could possibly see a Jones vs Lewis fight made. I feel like Lewis might be more marketable than Stipe, and that fight might actually sell more than a title fight.

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I'm thinking that as well... I also wouldn't be surprised if he jumps Ngannou in the queue, even though that would be kinda ****ty for Ngannou.

However, if Lewis were to beat Blaydes, and depending on how long until Stipe vs Ngannou is ready to go, I could possibly see a Jones vs Lewis fight made. I feel like Lewis might be more marketable than Stipe, and that fight might actually sell more than a title fight.

Lewis probably is, he just has a huge following. That would be interesting especially if Lewis is in better shape but I expect Jones to win that one

I think its definitely possible for Bones to jump Francis in the queue. Its the same thing I think might happen with the winner of Tony Ferguson/Dustin Poirier. By the time that fight happens, Conor probably is ready to fight Khabib/Gaethje and Conor will jump the obvious #1 contender in Ferguson/Poirier

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Congrats to the rest of you for getting a war of a fight. My heart probably won't make it through the first round. 

that probably goes a lot like the gaethje fight. Dustin has the power and gas tank to press Tony, and tony cant overwhelm people on the feet then its big problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

Congrats to the rest of you for getting a war of a fight. My heart probably won't make it through the first round. 

Idk, my heart didnt do so well in Tony's last fight. Been a huge fan since TUF and it was tough to see him take the L vs an opponent he didnt have to fight but he took it and took the L. A loss vs Dustin means he probably never gets his chance

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

that probably goes a lot like the gaethje fight. Dustin has the power and gas tank to press Tony, and tony cant overwhelm people on the feet then its big problems.

At the very least I'm excited to see how Tony looks. The excuses of "was preparing for Khabib the whole time" or doing the 2nd weight cut in a month or whatever it was. If he looks the same vs Dustin as he did vs Gaethje, thats all she wrote

35 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Does that PPV have a co main event? I would imagine even if it does, this beats it.

Well, it's looking like a loaded card. According to Wiki, it's got;

Khabib-Gaethje
Zabit-Yair
Whittaker-Cannonier
Volkov-Harris
RDA-Makhachev

So, I mean, I could see it being co-main but I want Zabit-Yair to be 5 rounds. Whittaker-Cannonier should be 5 rounds as well if it's a #1 contender fight. So, regardless, someone's getting the shaft.

Edited by beekay414

35 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, it's looking like a loaded card. According to Wiki, it's got;

Khabib-Gaethje
Zabit-Yair
Whittaker-Cannonier
Volkov-Harris
RDA-Makhachev

So, I mean, I could see it being co-main but I want Zabit-Yair to be 5 rounds. Whittaker-Cannonier should be 5 rounds as well if it's a #1 contender fight. So, regardless, someone's getting the shaft.

Yeah if they added Tony-Dustin to this card, it's obviously an amazing card, but getting only 3 rounds for Yair-Zabit and Tony-Dustin feels like a kick in the nuts

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)