The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

9 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

Holland has been all over twitter today asking to step in against Leon, Also Luque has been training with Burns and says he is ready to take the fight also

Dana was on a podcast and said they were pushing the Edwards-Chimaev fight back again. They must REALLY want to push Khamzat.

Everybody thinks the UFC protects their guys in the cage but Bellator is ridiculously quick to pull the trigger. Just rewatched Pitbull-Carvalho and, yes, Carvalho was out when he hit the mat, you watched him come to seconds later. Yet, Mike Beltran called it immediately when he hit the canvas. 

Like, what's the plan with refs? Are we calling guys out like it's boxing or are we going to allow them to recover? I got pissed at the Reem fight where Rozenstruik walked away with no threat to Reem at 4 seconds left and they called it. That makes no sense. This isn't boxing. Just because a guy drops means he's done. That bull**** cost Reem massively. He should be 5-0 over his last 5 and RIGHT on the doorstep of one last title shot.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Everybody thinks the UFC protects their guys in the cage but Bellator is ridiculously quick to pull the trigger. Just rewatched Pitbull-Carvalho and, yes, Carvalho was out when he hit the mat, you watched him come to seconds later. Yet, Mike Beltran called it immediately when he hit the canvas. 

Like, what's the plan with refs? Are we calling guys out like it's boxing or are we going to allow them to recover? I got pissed at the Reem fight where Rozenstruik walked away with no threat to Reem at 4 seconds left and they called it. That makes no sense. This isn't boxing. Just because a guy drops means he's done. That bull**** cost Reem massively. He should be 5-0 over his last 5 and RIGHT on the doorstep of one last title shot.

I definitely the Reem stoppage was a bit weak. Everyone loves a walkout KO but geez Rozy was getting beat for 4 rounds, you better leave no doubt with little time left. 

However, I dont think he is any worse off than if he got the win because HW has moved so slowly and Reem isnt going to jump Ngannou or Bones anyways. So other than his streak and win bonus, I dont think he lost anything

Edit: Also, I rewatched the Reem/Lesnar fight. Brock got dropped with a body shot and took a ton of punishment before the stoppage, no protection there. 

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

On 12/29/2020 at 10:38 AM, big poppa pump said:

So much wrong with this post.... I don't know where to begin.

I was halfway kidding, but early in his career Khabib was notorious for pulling out of fights and even as his career has progressed he has been pretty inactive, typically only fighting like once per year. 

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Go Jan

I have a buddy that's super into MMA, he's actually who got me so into it. And he swears until he's blue in the face that Izzy wants to fight Jones but that Jones is ducking Izzy. And I'm just like bruh, yeah I'm sure Jones is ducking Izzy so much that he's moving up to HW for a fight against Stipe/Francis. That's what you do when you duck someone right? Move up a weight class and take a fight against a guy that's 10x more dangerous then the one you're ducking? 

Also hilarious that Izzy repeatedly preached about how he planned to stay at 185 because he wanted to clear out the division and break Anderson's record. But as soon as Jones vacates and leaves the division he immediately moves up. 

• Like 1