The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

On 1/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Me too at least age when I got into the sport but old enough to know "motivated BJ" was a thing

BJ was not named the prodigy on accident. 1st non brazilian born to ever win the world championship at black belt. Then became a solid boxer and took on anyone, including machida at heavy weight. I know him getting dropped in bar fights is a thing now but the guy won titles at both 155 and 170 in the ufc and went up against and beat the best of his generation. He is an all time great that just didnt know he should quit a long time ago and his record looks like he was a scrub.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah BJ Penn was once the Conor McGregor of MMA. He was the draw for a while. You had Chuck and Tito and then you had BJ Penn. Don't let the last decade fool you. Penn was a superstar before he tarnished everything for a paycheck. 

I'm well aware of this, its no different than Diego Sanchez right now(although he wasn't on BJ's level) Now Diego is just some joke in the MMA community but he was a savage for a long time