The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

On 5/17/2021 at 3:44 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm too big of a Tony fan to be the first to say it but this was sort of my take as well. Its quite possible Khabib rag dolls IC Tony but we'll never know. He lost a part of himself in the Justin fight and his arm still might not be right from the Olives fight. 

Tony's grappling against top tier grapplers looked horrible. Dean Thomas made a good point during the broadcast about it, he said Tony is so unorthodox that he lacks strong fundamentals which is why he has been dominated on the ground in his last two contests. 

On 5/16/2021 at 7:23 PM, beekay414 said:

I mean, the Tony at the time of the 5 scheduled matchups might've been a massive issue for Khabib but not the Tony that Gaethje broke.

Tony's grappling has always been a little overrated. He has 6 submissions in 18 UFC fights and they all came against so-so opponents.

On 5/16/2021 at 7:09 AM, JonStark said:

Unfortunately he's in the wrong division. I could see winner of Dustin/Conor getting the next shot and Dariush/Gaethje being a #1 contender spot though. 

That division is just so stacked. Chandler vs Gaethje would be fireworks too. 

If Conor beats Poirier and Diaz beats Edwards, I think he'll aim for the trilogy fight next to be honest. 

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who at the top of the LW division do you think Conor can beat right now:

Charles Oliveira 

Dustin Poirier

Justin Gaethje

Michael Chandler

Beneil Dariush

I think Conor has a good chance at beating all of them other than Oliveira to be honest.

22 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

One thing Leon has going for him is he has never been one to chase the KO so I feel like that bodes well for him in the latter rounds when Diaz is still fresh. 

Is this still a 5 round fight?

Leon only has 2 KO in 13 UFC appearances and has only gone 5 rounds once. And yes it is still a 5 round fight even though it's no longer the co-main. 263 is going to have 3 5 round fights at the top of the card.

Just now, Big Snack said:

I actually think both conor and nate lose and that is the fight to make after

Even if Conor wins I don't really see him wanting to fight Da Bronx. When he came back for the Poirier fight he said that people don't remember who was champion or ranked where, they look back at your legacy and your highlights are what live on forever. If Conor loses to Poirier I doubt he ever fights in MMA again, he'll probably look for another big boxing pay day and then ride off into the sunset. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)