The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

Chandler almost finished the fight twice

- Guillotine 

- Was literally one punch away from finishing it on the ground, SUPER close. Doesn’t get closer than that. 

Charles almost finished the fight:

- Had Chandlers back and Charles is arguably the best submission guy there is. 

Then Charles finishes the fight via TKO. 

5:20 of three almost finishes and one finish. And non-stop entertainment. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dariush is legit. So much better than he use to be a few years ago. 7 straight wins now. Either next fight is a #1 contender match or a title shot. 

Unfortunately he's in the wrong division. I could see winner of Dustin/Conor getting the next shot and Dariush/Gaethje being a #1 contender spot though. 

That division is just so stacked. Chandler vs Gaethje would be fireworks too. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Chandler almost finished the fight twice

- Guillotine 

- Was literally one punch away from finishing it on the ground, SUPER close. Doesn’t get closer than that. 

Charles almost finished the fight:

- Had Chandlers back and Charles is arguably the best submission guy there is. 

Then Charles finishes the fight via TKO. 

5:20 of three almost finishes and one finish. And non-stop entertainment. 

Absolutely, I've never come away from a fight I bet on, took the L and didnt mind that much. It was a close fight to the end. Anyone that thinks Chandler doesnt belong is kidding themselves but Olives did it

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

After seeing Tony vs Da Bronx and Dariush, I can 100% say he would've gotten wrecked vs Khabib.

Yeah I couldn't help thinking the same way over these last two fights. We were all saying "Tony is so dangerous off the bottom, he might catch Khabib in something", but if the same Tony showed up that did these last two fights, it would have been rough.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, the Tony at the time of the 5 scheduled matchups might've been a massive issue for Khabib but not the Tony that Gaethje broke.

I'm too big of a Tony fan to be the first to say it but this was sort of my take as well. Its quite possible Khabib rag dolls IC Tony but we'll never know. He lost a part of himself in the Justin fight and his arm still might not be right from the Olives fight. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)