The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

On 5/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who at the top of the LW division do you think Conor can beat right now:

Charles Oliveira 

Dustin Poirier

Justin Gaethje

Michael Chandler

Beneil Dariush

I think he can beat them all besides Chucky Olives. If Chucky Olives takes him down, it's over. Could totally see Conor catching him thought. Only wide stance, high and tight haircut conor can beat them. I see Conor beating Chandler the same way Olives did, beating Gaethje the same way Poirier did, Dustin is a toss up, and Dariush is one good uppercut away from nite nite. 

Also wouldn't surprise me if Conor lost to any of them. The silk pajamas are too comfy. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cody should look to retire soon too. Dude has been beaten down bad in 4/5 fights. 

He's only 29. He just needs to leave whatever camp he's at and learn wtf defensive striking is. I haven't seen the Font fight yet tho (will be watching that in about 10 minutes).

Where's the Cruz fight, Cody? He's just standing still and going backwards. He's not confident whatsoever. You'd think the Assuncao KO would've given him confidence but he looks like the dude that has the Dillashaw results in his head.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

He's so worried about getting his lights shut out that he's not even throwing. This was an embarrassing performance from Cody.

Bingo. He tried that duck and then explode counter like 3-4 times but the rest of the fight he was just a walking punching bag. Afraid to go forward and engage because he didn't want to get clipped/ko'd on his way in so he had his back to the cage for like 90% of the fight.

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Where's the Cruz fight, Cody? He's just standing still and going backwards. He's not confident whatsoever. You'd think the Assuncao KO would've given him confidence but he looks like the dude that has the Dillashaw results in his head.

That was a masterclass performance, shame it might never come back

On 5/23/2021 at 1:42 AM, beekay414 said:

He was undefeated coming into the Cruz fight and Cruz was never known to be a power puncher or a guy that could shut your lights out with one punch. Cody had his lights shut out in 3 straight contests and it was clear that it effected his approach to this fight. He was going backwards the entire time and looked afraid to throw power punches because he didn't want to get clipped by a counter punch.

On 5/22/2021 at 7:27 PM, agarcia34 said:

Cody needs the MMA version of a slumpbuster. Needs a fight to give him some confidence 

That's what his previous fight was supposed to be. After the fight he said he felt like he was fighting himself in there, dude's confidence is clearly still shook from getting KO'd 3 times.

i'm hoping this fight gave garbrandt confidence that he can take a lick & we get 2016 cody back... i still think cody is the most talented 135er in the world. feed him some pillow hand fighters and build the man back up mentally. if he gets KO'd by the lesser comp, just hang em up, unfortunately not built for battle