The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Conor has a good chance at beating all of them other than Oliveira to be honest.

I think Conor can beat Oliveira if he gets it done in the first couple rounds and avoids the ground. Oliveira's chin is super suspect, always has been. Unlike Chandler, a Conor right would put Oliveira to sleep. 

I think Conor can beat all 5 guys on the list, and all 5 guys can beat him as well. I actually think Conor's worst matchup on the list is Dariush. Dariush has a way better chin than Oliveira and would just wreck Conor on the ground for 5 Rounds. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think Conor can beat Oliveira if he gets it done in the first couple rounds and avoids the ground. Oliveira's chin is super suspect, always has been. Unlike Chandler, a Conor right would put Oliveira to sleep. 

I think Conor can beat all 5 guys on the list, and all 5 guys can beat him as well. I actually think Conor's worst matchup on the list is Dariush. Dariush has a way better chin than Oliveira and would just wreck Conor on the ground for 5 Rounds. 

The only thing with Conor is that his power hasn't really translated as he has moved up in weight. In the UFC he has 6 fights above 145 and he's 3-3 in those bouts with only 2 finishes and he has been finished 3 times. Against Khabib, Poirier, and the first Diaz fight he got dropped on the feet as well. 

Conor's ground game is actually pretty underrated, imo. He did well on the ground in the first round of the first Diaz fight and was able to grapple with Khabib for 4 rounds before he got submitted. While guys like Poirier and Gathje who are supposed to be high level grapplers both got submitted in the 2nd round. Dariush is okay but he only has one win in his entire career over a top 15 guy and that was his last fight. Plus he has been KO'd 3 times in UFC career. 

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Geez he has no business fighting Usman or Manny

If he loses I really don't think he'll ever fight again in MMA. Will probably look to cash in on a big boxing fight and then retire. Showtime did just sign Jake Paul...