The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

On 12/12/2021 at 1:28 AM, agarcia34 said:

His chin ain’t lasting long enough to get any take downs. Those shots he took from Dustin tonight. Would put him to sleep if it was from Gaethje. 

Two times we saw him get rocked in his last two fights and almost lose the fight and credit to him for being able to over come that but it’s a huge worry and against the right fighter he’s not gonna be able to keep on getting up from it. 

You say that but Chandler's chin is suspect at best too...and he took Gaethje's best shots

On 12/12/2021 at 1:53 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

So Dana said this ruins the Amanda vs Kayla Harrison fight? 

how? That fight will be at 145. This holds no bearing on that fight to me. Kayla was never going to fight at 135. 

as for Cruz, I missed the 3rd round and last minute of the 2nd. I thought Pedro beat him up in the first. Did he really turn it around?

Doesnt ruin it but the fact we saw Amanda lose, even in a different weight class, takes some of the mystique off of her

22 hours ago, JonStark said:

Heartbroken at that one. That glove pull definitely gave Olives a nice round to recover from round 1, but Dustin should've ended it before that. I know he wanted to take him to deep water but Oliveira is too dangerous of a guy to let hang around. 

That's exactly why Charles was the one guy I didn't want to see in a title fight. Hopefully Dustin can build up one more title run and go out on top. 

I wonder if he will want to rebuild that much. He is probably 2 fights away from another but that could be a while too and he has to win

34 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Nah, Pena gonna pick a can

Not sure if that's a sarcastic shot?????   But.....I believe Peña said she would give Nuñes the immediate rematch. (probably written in the contract tbh)

And look....we were correct in assuming she would be a future champ!!!!!  😁

Edited by big poppa pump
my instincts about her were correct, but damn..I didn't see her beating Amanda!

52 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I wonder if he will want to rebuild that much. He is probably 2 fights away from another but that could be a while too and he has to win

Yeah it's gonna depend on his mindset. His skills are still good enough to get the belt but Olives was always a bad matchup. You got to figure one of those fights would be Conor which he should take so he could definitely get it done if that's what he wants.

If not, him never getting the undisputed belt will go down as possibly my biggest MMA letdown.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Not sure if it's etched in stone, but I thought I remember Uncle Dana saying that would be the case!

He said "it makes sense" but not as much sense as the winner of the February fight, to me. I guarantee that would even make more money than him fighting Gaethje. 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

12 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Not sure if that's a sarcastic shot?????   But.....I believe Peña said she would give Nuñes the immediate rematch. (probably written in the contract tbh)

And look....we were correct in assuming she would be a future champ!!!!!  😁

It was totally sarcastic and said before i heard the press conference. Just a jab at the Nunes fights cans comment

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JonStark said:

Yeah it's gonna depend on his mindset. His skills are still good enough to get the belt but Olives was always a bad matchup. You got to figure one of those fights would be Conor which he should take so he could definitely get it done if that's what he wants.

If not, him never getting the undisputed belt will go down as possibly my biggest MMA letdown.

Least he got his shot twice, my boy Tony never did