The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Awesome card.

Khabib is tied for GOAT for me. Him and GSP are 1/2 with Silva right behind. Spider just hung around too long, but Khabib has never really been in trouble in his entire career. 

Also pumped Rob won. Nothing against JC but Whittaker is such a likeable dude. 

Now make Dustin/Conor the title fight and get the diamond his belt!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

bruh... please be better than this.

did you see maia v askren?

did you see maia v usman or colby. there is a reason they didn't go to the ground ever. cain v werdum, somebody went to sleep that fight, it wasn't the bjj guy. khabib v justin, etc.etc.

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

did you see maia v askren?

did you see maia v usman or colby. there is a reason they didn't go to the ground ever. cain v werdum, somebody went to sleep that fight, it wasn't the bjj guy. khabib v justin, etc.etc.

are you confused on what you said? you said bjj guys always slice up wrestlers, yet your examples (outside of khabib, because bjj and sambo are different, fyi) are literally the best bjj guys in the ufc. i trust i wont need to come up with a dozen examples of wrestlers taking jiujitsu guys down and still being ok. Hopefully we can just agree that making extremely broad, sweeping statements like the one you made just isnt the best. 

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

are you confused on what you said? you said bjj guys always slice up wrestlers, yet your examples (outside of khabib, because bjj and sambo are different, fyi) are literally the best bjj guys in the ufc. i trust i wont need to come up with a dozen examples of wrestlers taking jiujitsu guys down and still being ok. Hopefully we can just agree that making extremely broad, sweeping statements like the one you made just isnt the best. 

well yes, i am talking about the highest levels of bjj and wrestling. 

also khabib isn't a sambo guy, he is a combat sambo guy. extremely different. it is basically just mma w/o standup striking (you can strike on the ground). which is why he is the best mma grappler, because he has been doing it since he was like 5. bjj, and wrestling, are very important in combat sambo. but khabib is way better at bjj than most wrestlers (cause they generally don't need to be that high level at it). which is why it was very important for justin to not get to the ground at all. dude basically got submitted 2x in like a min they were on the ground

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

well yes, i am talking about the highest levels of bjj and wrestling. 

also khabib isn't a sambo guy, he is a combat sambo guy. extremely different. it is basically just mma w/o standup striking (you can strike on the ground). which is why he is the best mma grappler, because he has been doing it since he was like 5. bjj, and wrestling, are very important in combat sambo. but khabib is way better at bjj than most wrestlers (cause they generally don't need to be that high level at it). which is why it was very important for justin to not get to the ground at all. dude basically got submitted 2x in like a min they were on the ground

I dont know why were getting lost here. sambo (any version) is different from bjj, and im not talking about throws or strikes. 

On top of this, are you saying you dont want examples of wrestlers taking down bjj guys and being fine. I have them at the ready if needed?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

I dont know why were getting lost here. sambo (any version) is different from bjj, and im not talking about throws or strikes. 

On top of this, are you saying you dont want examples of wrestlers taking down bjj guys and being fine. I have them at the ready if needed?

combat sambo is completely different than sambo tho, which is very important here because combat sambo uses both wrestling and bjj. lis it is basically fighting grappling. ]

give me examples of wrestlers rolling with high level bjj guys and dominating, sure. 

jake shields doesn't count because he is also a multiple time black belt and bjj coach 

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

combat sambo is completely different than sambo tho, which is very important here because combat sambo uses both wrestling and bjj. lis it is basically fighting grappling. ]

give me examples of wrestlers rolling with high level bjj guys and dominating, sure. 

jake shields doesn't count because he is also a multiple time black belt and bjj coach 

now its high level guys and now it has to be dominating. youre moving the goal posts. Even with that, off the top of my head Bryce mitchell just dominated Rosa like 3 months ago? 

ANd sambo (any version for the THIRD TIME), is not bjj. D you understand theres a completely different rule set, and the strategies largely differ? its like im talking to a wall.

Edited by GSUeagles14

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

now its high level guys and now it has to be dominating. youre moving the goal posts. Even with that, off the top of my head Bryce mitchell just dominated Rosa like 3 months ago? 

ANd sambo (any version for the THIRD TIME), is not bjj. D you understand theres a completely different rule set, and the strategies largely differ? its like im talking to a wall.

in what world is rosa a high level bjj guy lol, dude got his black belt while he was in the ufc lol. also bryce isn't really a high level wrestler, I don't think he even went to college to wrestler. he has been training mma basically since high school. that isn't really a wrestler v bjj. 

christ, watch some combat sambo. it looks like an mma fight. and it does use bjj. and my point is khabib is way better at bjj than most wrestlers, which is why he ran thru justin like butter when it hit the ground. combat sambo is not a version of sambo lmao it is a completely different thing. it is like me saying someone is good at american football which is why they are good at football (soccer). 

this convo is silly, no need to derail the thread any longer

• Like 2

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

in what world is rosa a high level bjj guy lol, dude got his black belt while he was in the ufc lol. also bryce isn't really a high level wrestler, I don't think he even went to college to wrestler. he has been training mma basically since high school. that isn't really a wrestler v bjj. 

christ, watch some combat sambo. it looks like an mma fight. and it does use bjj. and my point is khabib is way better at bjj than most wrestlers, which is why he ran thru justin like butter when it hit the ground. combat sambo is not a version of sambo lmao it is a completely different thing. it is like me saying someone is good at american football which is why they are good at football (soccer). 

this convo is silly, no need to derail the thread any longer

correct, this has gotten silly. bryce didnt wrestle in college so he cant be a wrestler (even though, you know, he is) and rosa, black belt for 5 years now, isnt good enough at bjj. All determined by you.

BUt you are correct in one way, its dragged on too long. its clear by the extreme goal post moving you dont even believe your original statement, so we will just stop. apologies to everyone else.

Tough to argue against anyway that says Khabib the GOAT at this point.

If it was anyone else retiring I’d say it’s a guarantee that a McGregor rematch would be in the works if he beats Poitier, but Khabib is just a different breed. 

• Like 3