The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Was looking over the odds and kind of surprised that Weidman is a favorite over Hall. We seen Weidman chin deteriorate over the past couple years and Hall is just so much quicker. Scary match up with Hall. Gonna take me some Hall +123 also gonna take under 4.5 rounds at +145 dont see it going the distance Usman gonna want to prove a point and get a finish and Jorge knows he cant win this by decision and will be aggressive which we saw from him in round 1 of the first fight. 

Uriah and Weidman have these weird ticks when it comes to MMA fights now. 

Uriah will sometimes come into a fight with zero confidence. He is his own biggest obstacle and it's been this way for a while. He's put together a few good wins and I commend him for it, he's impressed. 

Weidman on the other hand came into his most recent fights against Souza, Reyes, Yoel and Mousasi like a bat out of hell. Wanting to prove his former glory and got extremely punished for it. 

The Weidman we seen against Akhmedov was calculated and patient. If Weidman takes this approach again Uriah, I believe he can take him down and eventually submit him. 

Such a sick card tonight.. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I want to place the bet on Jorge but I just have a hard time seeing him win.

Jorge is a very live dog for me. We've seen Usman wobble before. If he comes into this fight like he did against Colby allowing easy counter punches (I don't think he will). He'd be in for a serious surprise. It wouldn't shock me if Jorge sleeps Usman and we get a Trilogy out of this. 

UFC 261 Pick'em
Kamaru Usman vs Jorge Masvidal - 4 
Zhang Weili vs Rose Namajunas - 2
Valentina Shevchenko vs Jessica Andrade - 7
Uriah Hall vs Chris Weidman - 5 
Anthony Smith vs Jimmy Crute - 6
Alex Oliveira vs Randy Brown  - 3
Karl Roberson vs Brendan Allen - 1

god damn these fights are tough. love the dogs tonight. this is the most excited i've been for a card in a while. lots of bangers 

49-46. 49-46, 48-47 UD by Usman is how I see tonight going. Will be rooting for Jorge though.

Also think both women will retain their titles, but Rose could absolutely pull it off. Never sleep on her. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Izzy Vettori set for UFC 263

This is #1 BS

Knuckles wasn't going to be ready by June 12th. Just went 5 rounds last week, had to quarantine for 2 weeks when he got back home so he wouldn't be able to start training until May 1st. Probably wanted some time off too so he'll get the winner in the Fall most likely.

• Like 1