The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Because they're pointless, Francis offered to fight in September and just fought what, 3 months ago? Why give an IC belt out when other champions go like a year in between fights and the division just has to wait. 

No, the manufactured outrage about interim titles is pointless.

From my point of view, everyone wins.

-Gane and Lewis get a payday, and a chance to be the clear title contender

-Francis gets a bigger payday when he defends

-The fans get two big fights

Jon's point about Francis getting his fight pushed back could be fair, but then again there's no guarantee the fight was going to happen in September. I'm guessing that doesn't fit into the timeline for the UFC.

So, it sounds like the only negative about this fight getting made is Francis having his feelings hurt... which is laughable.

We've really got to stop getting so angry about interim titles. There's no downside to this. I'm excited for the Lewis vs Gane fight, and I'm even more excited now that it's an interim title fight. What's the problem with that?

8 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

So who thinks Lewis can/will knock out Gane?

He can, no doubt. He can knock anyone out.

Will he? I'm not too confident. I think Gane wins by decision/TKO. Lewis doesn't do the best against good technical strikers, like when he lost against JDS and Mark Hunt. There was the Volkov fight that he won, but to be honest he lost 14 minutes and 50 seconds of that fight quite convincingly before hitting a hail mary.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/06/joe-schilling-bar-incident-knockout-video-what-we-know

Not sure about the ENTIRE STORY, based on this video clip, but Schilling saying he was "afraid for his life" is absolutely laughable.  At best, he beat up a tool that had it coming.  At worst, he beat up a dude for little to no reason.  Either way...not a smart move, and a weak a.s excuse!

37 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/06/joe-schilling-bar-incident-knockout-video-what-we-know

Not sure about the ENTIRE STORY, based on this video clip, but Schilling saying he was "afraid for his life" is absolutely laughable.  At best, he beat up a tool that had it coming.  At worst, he beat up a dude for little to no reason.  Either way...not a smart move, and a weak a.s excuse!

Schilling's a clown. I don't care what the dude may have said or done, Schilling is a professional fighter that has like 50-75 lbs on that dude, at least. He turned with the intent on swinging no matter what the dude said/did. **** like this is why Wisconsin doesn't have a self defense for bar fights. It's assault either way.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2021 at 11:53 AM, beekay414 said:

Schilling's a clown. I don't care what the dude may have said or done, Schilling is a professional fighter that has like 50-75 lbs on that dude, at least. He turned with the intent on swinging no matter what the dude said/did. **** like this is why Wisconsin doesn't have a self defense for bar fights. It's assault either way.

The fact that someone already had a camera recording the guy before he came back into the scene is 100% proof it's premeditated. 

On 6/29/2021 at 8:01 PM, Buckrock101 said:

We've really got to stop getting so angry about interim titles. There's no downside to this. I'm excited for the Lewis vs Gane fight, and I'm even more excited now that it's an interim title fight. What's the problem with that?

Francis hasn't fought in what 3 months? He said he'd be ready in like September, it's a desperate move by the UFC who had no one to headline their August PPV. As we've seen with Tony Ferguson the interim belt means nothing, if Lewis wins wouldn't be surprised if Jones fights Francis next and he's just stripped of the belt. The UFC is obviously trying to get a champ vs champ, both from France, as the headliner for the first fight card in the country. 

Stipe and DC both went like a year in between fights, why wasn't there an interim belt on the line in their absence? 

On 7/1/2021 at 6:20 PM, NYRaider said:

Francis hasn't fought in what 3 months? He said he'd be ready in like September, it's a desperate move by the UFC who had no one to headline their August PPV. As we've seen with Tony Ferguson the interim belt means nothing, if Lewis wins wouldn't be surprised if Jones fights Francis next and he's just stripped of the belt. The UFC is obviously trying to get a champ vs champ, both from France, as the headliner for the first fight card in the country. 

Stipe and DC both went like a year in between fights, why wasn't there an interim belt on the line in their absence? 

DC and Stipe are boot lickers to Uncle Dana, that's why. Love Stipe to death, I'm just calling it how I see it.

And as for DC, he's a clown and if Jon Jones is the Prince of eye pokes, DC is the king.

most overrated fighter in UFC history is DC.

On 6/29/2021 at 2:56 PM, Scalamania said:

Simon and Elliot have both thrown their hat in the ring - both terrible matchups for Sean. 

Elliott would get destroyed IMO. Simon would be a good fight. Sean is legit, IMO. His movement and striking is very high level. 

Hopefully Connor has learned how to block those kicks since the last fight. From his losses to rematches he does tend to learn a lot and make good adjustments. I like how Connor is not being nice and what not. That works for a lot of fighters but Connor needs to be that ****** bag and *** hole. Looking forward to this fight