The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

If Max had KO power, like real KO power, he would be the unquestioned GOAT. 

He needs to keep this strength and cut more weight. His speed and stamina remained at a higher weight class and he looked much stronger. I was legitimately surprised that his punches were stunning Justin. This change of pace may have resurrected the Blessed Express.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He needs to keep this strength and cut more weight. His speed and stamina remained at a higher weight class and he looked much stronger. I was legitimately surprised that his punches were stunning Justin. This change of pace may have resurrected the Blessed Express.

The first time he went up to 155, his coach called him Muffin Top so he might've actually properly put on the weight this time. He's still one of the best fighters in the world despite what Volk did to him. Sometimes you just don't have an answer to one person. I've been a Blessed Express fan since day one and I hope like hell it takes off again now that Volk got dethroned for a minute. He put out the statement tonight that he's still here.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Legit was worried Justin died in the cage

Holloway hasn’t looked this good in a while

Says a lot about who Gaethje is too though. Dude got rocked MULTIPLE times in the 5th round, Holloway wanted to stand and trade and Gaethje just said F it, lets go. Both of those guys are the best example of BMFs and are equally deserving of their time with the make believe belt.

Also side note, was really cool to see Mark Coleman present the belt.

• Like 1

What Max just did is almost beyond what little kids think of when they imagine themselves as dominant forces playing sports. Such an amazing moment for him, the sport, and a legacy event like this. Love it on every level. Was at 199 live when he did that vs Lamas and to see it again in this fashion is beyond gratifying. Insane kudos to Justin too. That dude was in hell with multiple eye pokes and a shattered nose to start the fight yet still fought to the end. 

• Like 1