The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yes, but i included reasoning and some fact in there. so if jones gets hit and moves backwards, thats not arguable.... its what happened. Youve made something up in your head and thats literally it. no supporting argument, just heres what i think because its what i think. its insulting call them the same thing, and as bad as the judging was all night its still insulting to say theyre the same as well.

It's also not arguable that Jones was kicking him in the body and legs. All that is different is how significant we view them.  Him getting hit and moving back isn't arguable, but it doesn't say anything of intrinsic value. It only has the value you placed on it. What did I make up in my head exactly? I don't see how you can complain about opinion in a sport that judged based on opinion.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

I went by how i truly believe judges score takedowns and how its been dicussed in the past. If someone can show me otherwise or that judges use discretion on what they consider a worthy takedown.. then i 100% believe ever judge in MMA scores a takedown as a takedown... regardless what happens after the takedown. What happens after is only grounds for more point distribution and not takedown validation. What you are saying doesnt even make sense. That judges have discretionary leeway to discredit a takedown.. by the simple, clear and concise definition of what a takedown is... if they somehow feel the proceed action wasn't significant enough? Tell me in your conscious mind that makes sense

youre clearly trying to move the goal posts. a little tough to decipher everything youre saying/asking but ill give it my best shot. Yes, judges view things differently, there no rules that say a takedown is worth x or y.  SO in the realm of a 5 minute round if a guy gets someone to the ground for 5 seconds that may matter to one judge but not another, the proof of that is in the hundreds of fights we have in the books. if you absolutely need it, ill give you a few fughts in the morning that show variance between judges but again...we see proof of this almost every month.

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

It's also not arguable that Jones was kicking him in the body and legs. All that is different is how significant we view them.  Him getting hit and moving back isn't arguable, but it doesn't say anything of intrinsic value. It only has the value you placed on it. What did I make up in my head exactly? I don't see how you can complain about opinion in a sport that judged based on opinion.

youre original point of them undercounting strikes. youve shown nothing towards that. Can you actually produce something or are we done? cause this is a waste of time until you can.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

youre original point of them undercounting strikes. youve shown nothing towards that. Can you actually produce something or are we done? cause this is a waste of time until you can.

I said significant strikes. A no I can't post the entire fight for you because it's illegal.

Is strikes all you can produce that is objective? Because if so you are deliberately leaving out other parts of the judging criteria. This isn't hard to understand. The sport is a subjectively judged sport.

I mean you are so twisted up about this you are arguing with someone who disagrees with the judges but can see that it's close. There are only a handful of people that have said it wasn't close. You are the one in the minority here.

Just now, mse326 said:

I said significant strikes. A no I can't post the entire fight for you because it's illegal.

Is strikes all you can produce that is objective? Because if so you are deliberately leaving out other parts of the judging criteria. This isn't hard to understand. The sport is a subjectively judged sport.

I mean you are so twisted up about this you are arguing with someone who disagrees with the judges but can see that it's close. There are only a handful of people that have said it wasn't close. You are the one in the minority here.

is a significant strike not still a strike? 

Youre right, im focused on you making up something completely in your head and then arguing it as essentially fact. not getting past that one. 

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

is a significant strike not still a strike? 

Youre right, im focused on you making up something completely in your head and then arguing it as essentially fact. not getting past that one. 

A significant strike is a component of total strikes. They undercount the significant part, imo.

Still haven't said how I've made something up. Believing that there are leg and body strikes that should count as significant that are not counted as such is actually a pretty common belief. Also haven't said how opinion is a problem in a sport judged based on a opinion.

I'm done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I think Reyes deserves a rematch. He gassed out and that was his undoing.. 

I'm not sure what more Reyes can do, to be honest. Don't see any areas he can play differently in a rematch that would have him win it.

I'd rather see a Thiago Santos rematch when he's healthy, since there's a question mark over how he would have done if he didn't blow his knee out.

But it's probably most likely to be the winner of Jan vs Corey next, which would be pretty uninteresting.

10-9 Rounds 1 & 2 for Reyes, didn't expect him to win 1 let alone the first 2. I'm impressed. I know Reyes might gas but he just needs 1 more and then to survive. The first 2 weren't THAT close

Round 3 was close but I'd give it to Dom too. The announcers are slurping Jones but I think he's down 3-0. Cant save yourself for the championship rounds unless you're going to finish him. Really thought Bones had that TD

I. dont like Bones nor do I like Dom but geez they are slurping Bones something fierce. 

Round 4 probably goes to Bones but is it too late? Still shocked Bones cant get a TD with all those attempts(yea he got 1 but he got up so easily) DC couldn't stop those

They keep saying Jones is doing this and that to win round 5 but unless he gets a 10-8 or a finish Reyes should win. 

"Jones is the fresher fighter..." well yea he hardly did anything for 3 rounds

Dom shut up

Has to be 48-47 for Reyes

Lewis looks WAY bigger than Latifi like 40-50 pounds more

That flying knee by Lewis..I didn't know Elephants could jump

Those switch kicks are impressive for a man that big

It was close because of all the time on the ground...not busy time but the ref let it happen. Latifi needs to go back to 205

Latifi is not human. Took some massive shots and didn't crumble

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)