The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

The draw is probably not a terrible score in theory, but it's certainly tough to argue when one fighter peels himself up after the last round, acknowledges he lost and follows it up in the post fight interview that he thinks his opponent deserves it lol. 

Also looks bad after the Paddy decision obv

Edited by Soggust

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Rewatched round 

3. Tbh liked it for Jan because ankles didn't start coming on till the end.

if the one judge gives round 3 to Jan, he wins the fight for 1, 2, and 3

I have round 3 for Jan and 1 as the toss-up round, but 4:50 of control time and a 37-2 strike differential should be a clear 10-8 round 5, imo.

7 hours ago, Soggust said:

LOL Dana is pissed and just announced Glover vs Jamahal Hill for the vacant belt in Brazil next month.

Gonna be hilarious when Glover wins and retires so they have to book another vacant one. 

Something has to be done about the judging. It's affecting all of these fighters lives and millions of dollars gambling. They wanna ban Krause (which I get), but can't find a way to hold the judges responsible? They need to create an actual training course to become a judge, and probably add 5 of them instead of 3. The ruling for those last two are comical, but it's happening at least once a card at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Gonna be hilarious when Glover wins and retires so they have to book another vacant one. 

Something has to be done about the judging. It's affecting all of these fighters lives and millions of dollars gambling. They wanna ban Krause (which I get), but can't find a way to hold the judges responsible? They need to create an actual training course to become a judge, and probably add 5 of them instead of 3. The ruling for those last two are comical, but it's happening at least once a card at this point. 

Or recruit retired fighters 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Open judging is a must…everyone should know what the current score is throughout the fight 

I think they have to find another way. Open scoring is going to lead to one fighter running and one chasing in the majority of 3rd rounds we see.

They need a consistent set of criteria so one judge can't value control while another values damage, add 2 more judges to make it best of 5, and have annual training for them. I like the idea of getting retired fighters involved too. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303