The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

tbh I did have Max winning 3-2... but I thought it was so close you can't really fault the judges calling it either way. Would have to go back and watch the third round again, thought that was the tossup round from memory.

Both Volk and Max are amazing though. Great adjustment from Max coming into the 2nd fight, and similarly great adjustment from Volkanovski after the first two rounds. Think they're both a league ahead of the competition right now at 145. Hopefully we see Max dip his feet at 155 again though, so many fun matchups for him there.

I originally had Max winning, but when I saw the total strikes from each round I knew it'd be close. 

I know "total strikes" isn't the most reliable thing to base a fight off, so I took it with a grain of salt.

A split decision didn't surprise me and given the champ has an advantage in decisions, Volk walking away with it really shouldn't have surprised anyone imo.

Not surprised Ribas won, but it would be fun to see the chaos ensue if Paige won

Anyone see in the post-fight presser it said Ribas is 100-1 in MMA fights?

Rose-Andrade seems closer than the 1st time even though Rose is piecing her up with head strikes.

Barry-Whitman is a nice corner duo. Pat talks and then says "Trevor" he talks...

What a fight!! Rose is a nightmare matchup for Andrade and she took it to Rose. Still got it 29-28 for Rose though but man she landed some big shots

WOW I was terrified that Andrade was going to win. What 2 rounds did she win? First 2 rounds were obviously Rose's

Rose might've lost by doctor stoppage if this was a 5 rounder. That eye is looking rough

Screw it...go Aldo! Just like Ribas v Paige I want chaos. I want Aldo to win so Uncle Dana can mouth off to everyone how right he was about giving Aldo a shot

Thought Aldo had round 1 until the last minute or so...

Also when was the last time anyone saw Jose shoot for a takedown?

Round 1: Yan

Round 2: Aldo

One thing I love about Jose is the leg kicks and body shots. Nowadays everyone is a head hunter but man those 2 things can be just as effective if thrown/timed properly

Round 3: Yan, but it was super close

Alos, ref has given like 10 warnings about fingers. If Petr actually pokes Jose, I wonder if he'd take a point given all the warnings?

Aldo with a personal best of significant strikes in a fight just over 100? That cant be right....right? All those 5 round affairs over the years?

Round 4: Yan absolutely...could be all over unless Jose gets a finish

Left no doubt in Round 5. Bravo Petr

Its weird to see a 5 inch height advantage but then still give 2 inches back to reach

Round 1: Max

Round 2 Max: Not even that close so far. Max is just alot more active than the last fight

Round 3: Close but I still give it to Max 

Round 4: Close but Champ

Round 5: Alex

Wow, I really thought Max had it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Holloway left with some decisions to make as to where he goes from here... which has me thinking Max vs Tony happening next could be a very real possibility.

Get fk hype

Now thats a good fight to make. 

I want Justin to beat Khabib and then we still get Khabib-Tony

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)