The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not knocking the way he did it. Least he didnt take EPO like TJ but still the performance didnt make me think a title shot would be great

Coming off 2 losses, even though I question Moraes getting the decision, it looks bad. Uncle Dana just put him in because of the casuals liking Aldo and Yan is on a tear. Should be Yan vs Sterling

Edited by BullsandBroncos

4 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Coming off 2 losses, even though I question Moraes getting the decision, it looks bad. Uncle Dana just put him in because of the casuals liking Aldo and Yan is on a tear. Should be Yan vs Sterling

Well he was giving Aldo the title shot vs Henry first?

Also anyone think Usman is scared? Watching his interview with Okamoto is crazy. Its been a nonstop excuse, took a flight to Dallas, ate a ton of bad food, almost drank a beer and oh yea my weight cuts gonna suck because of that all that terrible food. YOU TOOK THE FIGHT...you could've said no I'm not doing it, I just ate all this crap, I trained for Burns...etc but you agreed to it

He's right that the media narrative is that Masvidal is in a win-win situation so its lose-lose for him but at least Jorge isnt making excuses. He says he's ready and he'll make the weight no problem

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also anyone think Usman is scared? Watching his interview with Okamoto is crazy. Its been a nonstop excuse, took a flight to Dallas, ate a ton of bad food, almost drank a beer and oh yea my weight cuts gonna suck because of that all that terrible food. YOU TOOK THE FIGHT...you could've said no I'm not doing it, I just ate all this crap, I trained for Burns...etc but you agreed to it

He's right that the media narrative is that Masvidal is in a win-win situation so its lose-lose for him but at least Jorge isnt making excuses. He says he's ready and he'll make the weight no problem

And also why is he even eating bad food/drinking when he was schedule to fight Burns in the first place and probably knew that even tho Burns got dropped from the fight that the UFC could find a replacement.

Anyways, any predictions for this weekend?

17 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

And also why is he even eating bad food/drinking when he was schedule to fight Burns in the first place and probably knew that even tho Burns got dropped from the fight that the UFC could find a replacement.

Anyways, any predictions for this weekend?

In his defense supposedly he was told Colby and Jorge turned down the fight so he took a flight back to FL, stopped in Dallas and then was told the fight is back on

Predictions: Anyone who I want to win, I think will lose...except Rose

I expect Usman to win, seems silly to think Jorge on 6 days notice will win. I want him to and a part of me thinks he can catch him clean early and get the finish

I want Max to win but I think Volkanovski gets it done

Yan I think is a little overrated but with that said I just dont think Aldo has it in him to get the W

Paige gets alot of crap but if any of us could make the money she is by using Instagram or marketing whatever products, we all would. Plus I want to see the biggest underdog on the card win but Ribas will destroy her

Rose was winning the 1st fight and think she's a terrible matchup for Andrade

In his defense supposedly he was told Colby and Jorge turned down the fight so he took a flight back to FL, stopped in Dallas and then was told the fight is back on

I expect Usman to win, seems silly to think Jorge on 6 days notice will win. I want him to and a part of me thinks he can catch him clean early and get the finish

Yan I think is a little overrated but with that said I just dont think Aldo has it in him to get the W

Paige gets alot of crap but if any of us could make the money she is by using Instagram or marketing whatever products, we all would. Plus I want to see the biggest underdog on the card win but Ribas will destroy her

I am pulling for Jorge but I have feeling that Usman may just maul him to death with his wrestling.

Big Holloway fan but maybe Volkanoski is just a puzzle that Max can't solve, hope I'm wrong again

Agree on Yan. I could see Yan KOing Aldo.

I don't know much on Ribas but I'm pulling for Paige. Collect your last check and tell the UFC, peace.

Picking Rose in this one.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

what are masvidals pathes to victory? Do you really think hes a threat to Usman? Anything can happen but imo whether masvidal has 6 days or 6 months hes going to be a fairly significant dog.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what are masvidals pathes to victory? Do you really think hes a threat to Usman? Anything can happen but imo whether masvidal has 6 days or 6 months hes going to be a fairly significant dog.

I do think he's a threat but after the first few rounds it gets increasingly difficult. I realize that Usman decides not to wrestle Colby but he got hit alot in that fight. Jorge is the type if he cracks you you're done. Usman should be favored and maybe even favored as much as he is (like -300 or something?) but I'm not discounting Masvidal

Being a significant dog and having no path to victory are different though

I do think he's a threat but after the first few rounds it gets increasingly difficult. I realize that Usman decides not to wrestle Colby but he got hit alot in that fight. Jorge is the type if he cracks you you're done. Usman should be favored and maybe even favored as much as he is (like -300 or something?) but I'm not discounting Masvidal

Being a significant dog and having no path to victory are different though

but jorge diesnt have that kind of power. he certainly has it but hss not conor, hes not woodley in his prime etc. he hits hard but its not insane if he touches you your in trouble power.

and i hope youre not comparing jorges wrestling to colbys. colby is just about a world class wrestler in a mma sense, jorge got taken down mutliple times by Demian Maia.

im not saying jorge cant win, im saying theres very limited pathes, basically being he clips usman just right or usman forgets he can completley outclass jorge in the wrestling department and just decides to trade. but we've seen that usman has at least decent fight iq so that seems like a low possibility.

15 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

but jorge diesnt have that kind of power. he certainly has it but hss not conor, hes not woodley in his prime etc. he hits hard but its not insane if he touches you your in trouble power.

and i hope youre not comparing jorges wrestling to colbys. colby is just about a world class wrestler in a mma sense, jorge got taken down mutliple times by Demian Maia.

im not saying jorge cant win, im saying theres very limited pathes, basically being he clips usman just right or usman forgets he can completley outclass jorge in the wrestling department and just decides to trade. but we've seen that usman has at least decent fight iq so that seems like a low possibility.

I don't he's comparing Jorge's power to anyone else or anything like that. He's saying that if Jorge gets in the same shots on Usman that Colby did, Jorge has a very good shot at winning. Which is completely true. 

I think most of us think Jorge can't wrestle well at all and Usman is going to lay on him like a dead fish but not all of us want to say it.

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)