2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I dont blame him, he has been with a cold weather team for 95% of his career

At the end I believe he alludes to the fact that Green Bay wanted him to sign a 3-year deal and he didn't want that. Makes sense all around. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

was that one of his tweets? 

lol yes. In between all the sex and weed ones, that was still my favorite. Yeah all of it was random and crazy but that one killed me for some reason.

19 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Because of what he said in front of a microphone while wearing NYG blue jersey ?? hmmmm

I'm sure it was tough for Blake to hear the negative comments, but Team Defense often requires individuals to put aside their needs for the greater good. Its also possible that after reviewing film, the coaches decided this was the best use of his skills vs having a gap assigned to him. Z was given freedom to move around, perhaps that made it difficult to pre-assign a run fit given the uncertainty about where Z was gonna launch from on each play.

Conversely, several here have lamented how Pettine handled his run fits, so I suspect the reality is probably a combination of several components
So far we have: Blake's limitations, other players' limitations and Pettine's plans to ameliorate those limitations
Pettine's plan/scheme may be flawed and /or it may be the lesser of two evils despite its inherent flaws.

add it all up and it might be a wee bit early for the BM Apology Tour.

Nah, Martinez got ****ed over in this thing. 

Every idiot on here talking about a lack of TFLs and tackle depth is missing what not having a gap does to your ability to play aggressively

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol I get what AG was talking about now, with the BAL being the worst place

I was scared to ask.

He may not fit in Baltimore but he most certainly will fit in with the rest of Maryland. 

I lived about an hour south of Baltimore for a year, lot of people down there love the orange fella

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nah, Martinez got ****ed over in this thing. 

Every idiot on here talking about a lack of TFLs and tackle depth is missing what not having a gap does to your ability to play aggressively

There’s ur argument for anyone not considering DL an immediate need

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/30/blake-martinez-packers-dont-value-inside-linebackers-as-much-as-other-teams/

@packfanfb, @TheOnlyThing,

Straight from Blake’s mouth.  Care to refute an NFL player telling you what his role was?  Must be just some scorned butthead, right?

In the article, Martinez says his lack of playmaking was scheme.  That he was a “clean up” guy expected to play off others. Essentially... Exactly what we’ve been telling you for years.

Also confirms that the Packers don’t value the ILB position.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/30/blake-martinez-packers-dont-value-inside-linebackers-as-much-as-other-teams/

@packfanfb, @TheOnlyThing,

Straight from Blake’s mouth.  Care to refute an NFL player telling you what his role was?  Must be just some scorned butthead, right?

In the article, Martinez says his lack of playmaking was scheme.  That he was a “clean up” guy expected to play off others. Essentially... Exactly what we’ve been telling you for years.

Also confirms that the Packers don’t value the ILB position.

I actually posted this first, you're late to the party. I mean...I think he's full of **** and yes, butthurt because A LOT of people see him as ordinary and he's defending himself. Any football player would do the same,  so I don't blame him.

Yes, I know GB doesn't value the ILB position. That's never been in question. The debate is whether that should be the case, not whether it is or isn't. 

Let's see how he does in New York. I have my predictions.. 

Edited by packfanfb

Just now, packfanfb said:

I actually posted this first, you're late to the party. I mean...I think he's full of **** and yes, butthurt because A LOT of people see him as ordinary and he's defending himself. Any football player would do the same,  so I don't blame him.

Yes, I know GB doesn't value the ILB position. That's never been in question. The debate is whether that should be the case, not whether it is or isn't. 

3upjus.jpg

Are you honestly going to continue acting like his role literally wasn't exactly how he described it?