The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Is John Miller worth a look at OG? A year after getting 3/16 from the Bengals, they have now released him.

Just thinking this when I saw it, still only 26, started all 60 games he's played in, middling grade from PFF last year.

That's all I know from a quick google search as I don't know much about him. He seems to be average... and right now average is an upgrade over nothing at RG.

Edited by RJ_11

58 minutes ago, soulman said:

I've had children with two different women.  Damn expensive divorces too.  :(

And that was with marrying both of them.  Imagine just fathering like 8 kids with 8 women, marrying 1 or 2 of them and dealing with all that.  

12 minutes ago, soulman said:

Can someone shed light on why in the hell we'd be interested in Cam Newton?  In what way would he fit into Nagy's schemes?  I don't see it.

From the sounds of it they’ve been connected to every qb available for trade.  Hopefully this is just them doing their due diligence.  Why do due diligence on cam?  I dont know, they’re just being thorough i guess.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And that was with marrying both of them.  Imagine just fathering like 8 kids with 8 women, marrying 1 or 2 of them and dealing with all that.  

I suppose I could have fathered 8 kids with 8 different women but I was smart enough to be more careful than that.  LOLOL

But yeah, I get your point.  Dealing with two ex's was bad enough especially the second one.  Oh the stories I could tell.  xD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

From the sounds of it they’ve been connected to every qb available for trade.  Hopefully this is just them doing their due diligence.  Why do due diligence on cam?  I dont know, they’re just being thorough i guess.

(Shrug)  I dunno if that makes a whole lot of sense to me.  I mean I never asked for a phone number from a woman I had no intention of ever asking for a date.  ;)

59 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Context. context context.  You weren't there.  

Sounds like this was a player who already had a problem with his coach, was causing problems in locker room (from coach perspective) and coach wanted to talk to him about it and went about it poorly.   People are prideful and emotional.  Especially in football.   

Look I coached little league for years and had parents say outrageous lies about what I supposedly said and did on many occasions.  "I hated kids.  I hated their kids.  I liked to see kids injured and laughed about it.  I tried to get kids hurt.   I scared and intimidated people.  I was biased and unfair, etc. etc."    

None of that was remotely true and vast majority of kids and parents love me to this day and I them.  Even the ones who didn't like me.

People with axes to grind say partial truths or outright lie all the time.  Sometimes they just remember things wrong because they are so angry and emotional.  

• Like 1