The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

Hoping Daniels gets back to where I thought he would be when Bears drafted him.  He was really disappointing much of last year.

I suspect some of O line problems were just a crazy combination of things all happening at once.

1) Position switch (which was perfectly logical btw) didn’t work for Daniels for whatever reason.

2) Daniels went back to school in offseason to get his degree.

3) Whitehair had his first baby.

4) Long completely lost ability to play and it had a huge domino effect.  

5) They started calling Leno for holding when they didn’t used to for same thing.  And he got married.  

6) Massie isn’t that great to begin with.  

7) TE situation was completely unsettled and they were missing blocks left and right.

Maybe one or two of things is no biggie, but all of them together was a disaster.

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Allen Robinson is a great example of taking each year anew.  After first year many people projected him as a short termer and a quick cap release.

If I was Robinson I'd ask for a trade, tbh. I know it doesn't matter once you get paid because you got your money, but he could get paid AND play with a quarterback who doesn't completely suck if he asks for a trade. Poor guy has only known Bortles and Trubisky.

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If I was Robinson I'd ask for a trade, tbh. I know it doesn't matter once you get paid because you got your money, but he could get paid AND play with a quarterback who doesn't completely suck if he asks for a trade. Poor guy has only known Bortles and Trubisky.

Your point is understood but he’s already said he wants to be here long term. The players don’t hate playing with Mitch nearly as much as the majority of fans want, and really Mitch being Mitch at least to this point has meant probably more targets for Robinson since radar lock tends to go his way. 

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He turned down GB for more money to play here and after last season he still talked about how much he loved it here.

I think other factors are in play for him.  Being a popular Bear means being set for life if you play it right and I think he knows that.  Or he is just happy here for his own reasons.