The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Just saying it isn’t always about on field play alone.  It is sound advice.

No need to pile on BOB for that issue.  He has enough other things to complain about.  I have heard it dozens of times from coaches.  

Having kids with multiple women is a bad plan for anyone.  For some it is too late, for younger players it is a good lesson.  

Granted none of us were there for this conversation, but based off what Hop is saying, this sounds like it was a recent conversation and a factor in BOBs decision to trade him.

• Like 1

Just now, CBears019 said:

Granted none of us were there for this conversation, but based off what Hop is saying, this sounds like it was a recent conversation and a factor in BOBs decision to trade him.

The trade was awful on its face given what Buf gave for Diggs. 

To date.  An unstable mother/kid situation can blow up anytime.  Best to avoid them in first place.  

Are you saying you wouldn’t want Hopkins on the Bears because his baby momma(s) might cause an issue at some point?

• Like 1

I am just saying I wouldn’t be shy about telling players not to have a bunch of baby mommas. 

It is a stupid thing to do.   

I’m general, sure.  But i wouldn’t make personnel decisions based off of that alone if there aren’t any documented issues that have affected the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

I’m general, sure.  But i wouldn’t make personnel decisions based off of that alone if there aren’t any documented issues that have affected the team.

You couldn’t.  It is probably most of your team.  But take hearsay convos with a grain of salt. 

I don’t believe Chip Kelly was this super racist guy motivated to trade for white players when 80% of league is black and he had been coaching for decades.  But traded guys were saying that about him.  

People say what they say.  

Just now, topwop1 said:

If Bears were able to acquire a 2nd round pick from the Jags for Foles contract as is, would you guys be opposed to that?  I certainly wouldn't.

Nope. I'd deal the 4 for Foles and a 2, but I'd assume if JAX was asking for a lot last week, they're not willing to part with a high pick.

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I am just saying I wouldn’t be shy about telling players not to have a bunch of baby mommas. 

It is a stupid thing to do.   

So is comparing the situation to Aaron Hernandez's + trading a great receiver for a middling RB & trading everything for a good- not great- LT.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

If Bears were able to acquire a 2nd round pick from the Jags for Foles contract as is, would you guys be opposed to that?  I certainly wouldn't.

Is that realistic?  Sounds like Jags want stuff and are willing to play hardball. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Nope. I'd deal the 4 for Foles and a 2, but I'd assume if JAX was asking for a lot last week, they're not willing to part with a high pick.

So is comparing the situation to Aaron Hernandez's + trading a great receiver for a middling RB & trading everything for a good- not great- LT.

If he said that.  Trade is bad on its own.