The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

38 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Hell yeah Suga. Now you're talking

I can get behind it, but I just don't agree with it. I'm going to make a post on moves I would have liked when I have a bit more free time. 

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Big news out of Dallas. Travis Frederick has called it a career

35 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Huh? Why? 

I know why... read below...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

😷😷🦷🧐😨👎🏻🦵🏿🥺🥺🥦✍🏼😮🧐🤷🏻‍♂️✍🏼😂🧐😮🤣😭😒😠🧐😤🤯😧😵👹👹💩🤕👹😑☠️👏🏻👽👍🏻🎃

tumblr_n9oxyg8tbn1tsxueio4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9oxyg8tbn1tsxueio5_1280.jpg

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I can get behind it, but I just don't agree with it. I'm going to make a post on moves I would have liked when I have a bit more free time. 

I know why... read below...

giphy.gif

tumblr_n9oxyg8tbn1tsxueio4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n9oxyg8tbn1tsxueio5_1280.jpg

Punk Rock Free Agency......now that's an interesting approach.

FWIW.........

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/24/carolina-panthers-releasing-cam-newton-tried-to-trade-him-to-chicago-bears/

Panthers tried to trade Cam Newton to Bears, but they weren't interested

The #Panthers tried to send Cam Newton to the #Bears and #Chargers. They found no takers and at this point, no starting jobs available. Release was the only option. Carolina has just $2M in dead money with this release, but Cam is now free.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 24, 2020

While the Bears showed interest in trading for Newton, reports that Chicago was concerned about Newton’s health ultimately stalled discussions.

• Like 3

A possible vet addition at OG......https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-suggests-bears-sign-og-212224652.html

Report suggests Bears sign OG Michael Schofield, Orland Park native

Stephanie Stremplewski
NBC Sports ChicagoMarch 23, 2020, 3:22 PM MDT

da2989b59797b771e8554db80b7021c8

Since Kyle Long's sudden retirement, right guard is a position yet to be filled for the Bears.

Rashaad Coward will return this season after moving to right guard when Long was sidelined. Ted Larsen replaced Coward last season, but Larsen is a free agent, giving the Bears the option to either re-sign him or find someone else.

Which leads to this question: Should the Bears go after guard Michael Schofield III? On Monday, Bleacher Report placed Schofield on their "1 move every team should still make" list, and they're not wrong.

Schofield, who grew up in Orland Park, was released by the Los Angeles Rams, where he started all 16 games in his last two seasons. In 2016, Schofield was on the starting offensive line for the Denver Broncos when the team won Super Bowl L against the Carolina Panthers 24-10.

The 29-year-old is also married to Palos Heights native and Olympic gold medalist Kendall Coyne Schofield. Coyne Schofield became the first woman to compete in NHL's All-Star skills competition in 2019. She made additional history earlier this month taking part in an all-female broadcast crew as an NBC Sports analyst during a Chicago Blackhawks game.

Who better to fill in at guard than someone with so many ties to Chicago?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, soulman said:

A possible vet addition at OG......https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-suggests-bears-sign-og-212224652.html

Stephanie Stremplewski
NBC Sports ChicagoMarch 23, 2020, 3:22 PM MDT

da2989b59797b771e8554db80b7021c8

Since Kyle Long's sudden retirement, right guard is a position yet to be filled for the Bears.

Rashaad Coward will return this season after moving to right guard when Long was sidelined. Ted Larsen replaced Coward last season, but Larsen is a free agent, giving the Bears the option to either re-sign him or find someone else.

Which leads to this question: Should the Bears go after guard Michael Schofield III? On Monday, Bleacher Report placed Schofield on their "1 move every team should still make" list, and they're not wrong.

Schofield, who grew up in Orland Park, was released by the Los Angeles Rams, where he started all 16 games in his last two seasons. In 2016, Schofield was on the starting offensive line for the Denver Broncos when the team won Super Bowl L against the Carolina Panthers 24-10.

The 29-year-old is also married to Palos Heights native and Olympic gold medalist Kendall Coyne Schofield. Coyne Schofield became the first woman to compete in NHL's All-Star skills competition in 2019. She made additional history earlier this month taking part in an all-female broadcast crew as an NBC Sports analyst during a Chicago Blackhawks game.

Who better to fill in at guard than someone with so many ties to Chicago?

I might have him confused but I thought he was the one who was really poor in the run game when I was looking up OGs for my mock. If that was an aberration but if he did poorly I'd want Castillo's stamp of approval after having him watch some film on him. We can't go in with our entire right side of the OL being liabilities in the run game. 

For cheap competition there I'd like to take a swing with Joe Haeg, Ted Karras, or Ben Garland. The latter two also provide depth at OC since Daniel seems much better at G than C if last year was any inclination. I'm all about positional versatility. 

26 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I might have him confused but I thought he was the one who was really poor in the run game when I was looking up OGs for my mock. If that was an aberration but if he did poorly I'd want Castillo's stamp of approval after having him watch some film on him. We can't go in with our entire right side of the OL being liabilities in the run game. 

For cheap competition there I'd like to take a swing with Joe Haeg, Ted Karras, or Ben Garland. The latter two also provide depth at OC since Daniel seems much better at G than C if last year was any inclination. I'm all about positional versatility. 

Actually poor in the run game, or is that according to PFF? xD

Haeg signed with the Bucs. Karras signed in Miami. Garland stays in SF.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Actually poor in the run game, or is that according to PFF? xD

Haeg signed with the Bucs. Karras signed in Miami. Garland stays in SF.

https://boltbeat.com/2020/01/28/chargers-seven-important-2020-unrestricted-free-agent-decisions/7/

To be fair IDK where this site gets it's info. There wasn't much reason for me to watch the Chargers, so I sure as hell haven't watched him personally. Too much work for an arm-chair GM. lol

That's about all the names I had scratched down for the last mock I did, aside from older guys who likely still price themselves out of the Bears' range.