The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

14 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

That’s disappointing if true.  I would have felt a lot better about the OL with him there.  Oh well, not like this teams a RG away from a super bowl anyway.

Then why make any moves? We were not a 14/season OLB away from a Super Bowl.

We do not know what an improved OL would lead to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Watford is a no brainer signing.  You have a gaping hole at RG and one of the good ones just became available.  The only way you can get a fair evaluation of either QB is for them to be somewhat protected at least.  If they dont sign him, they must have a lot of faith in one of the young guys that we just dont know about yet.

BOLD PREDICTION:

Deiter is going to be the man !

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Then why make any moves? We were not a 14/season OLB away from a Super Bowl.

We do not know what an improved OL would lead to.

A healthy and reliable Idefi >>>>broken down unreliable Long. 

I guess we'll find out won't we?

3 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I like our IOL alot. We need a stud L or RT if anything .... and then focus on RB & P 

Same here. I'm fine with Whitehair, Daniels, and Idefi for one year. Massie is the one that scares me the most. I would love to get a replacement starter and keep him as depth though. But that's not going to happen this year though.

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Same here. I'm fine with Whitehair, Daniels, and Idefi for one year. Massie is the one that scares me the most. I would love to get a replacement starter and keep him as depth though. But that's not going to happen this year though.

don't sleep on Eiselen. Hasn't been playing very long (5yrs).  Ivy League smart and will outwork everybody else .... has prototypical size athleticism and IQ to dominate the position

Maybe Ifedi can push Massie some at RT idk .... Would love a stud L or RT, Massie and Leno are weakest links

RB is our biggest hole. What is Pace up to at RB ?? Figured he would have signed one of the remaining FAs already, unless he is waiting for one that he believes will be released ?

Just now, SLCbear said:

Maybe Ifedi can push Massie some at RT idk .... Would love a stud L or RT, Massie and Leno are weakest links

RB is our biggest hole. What is Pace up to at RB ?? Figured he would have signed one of the remaining FAs already, unless he is waiting for one that he believes will be released ?

Man, I'm really hoping Pace is looking at either Lamar Miller or Freeman. I know there is injury concerns and because of COVID-19 they can't really evaluate things right now but I'm hoping that things start to ease up a bit in regards to restrictions and Pace can bring them in and atleast consider it. 

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Man, I'm really hoping Pace is looking at either Lamar Miller or Freeman. I know there is injury concerns and because of COVID-19 they can't really evaluate things right now but I'm hoping that things start to ease up a bit in regards to restrictions and Pace can bring them in and atleast consider it. 

I think Freeman is ideal. Like you said he has injury concerns but that was when he was the primary RB. I suppose he could work into that here if Montgomery underwhelms, but off the bat he'd be getting far less looks than he was in Atlanta. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I think Freeman is ideal. Like you said he has injury concerns but that was when he was the primary RB. I suppose he could work into that here if Montgomery underwhelms, but off the bat he'd be getting far less looks than he was in Atlanta. 

certainly do not disagree about Freeman but why hasn't Pace pulled the trigger?? we have plenty of $$ and Pace isn't exactly patient or passive when he has a clear target in mind 

Freeman must not be an option for Pace .... but who is ?? I have NO IDEA what he is doing about RB

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

A healthy and reliable Idefi >>>>broken down unreliable Long. 

I guess we'll find out won't we?

A competent NFL OG >>>>>Ifedi>>>>> Long

An actual upgrade to the OL could be a big boost with mediocre QBs. 

6 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

certainly do not disagree about Freeman but why hasn't Pace pulled the trigger?? we have plenty of $$ and Pace isn't exactly patient or passive when he has a clear target in mind 

Freeman must not be an option for Pace .... but who is ?? I have NO IDEA what he is doing about RB

Probably for the same reason other teams haven't and that's because like I said they can't do regular testing with COVID-19 restrictions put in place right now. 

That said, Freeman would be an upgrade, no doubt, but only in the sense that he is a better outside runner than Montgomery is. He is not pass catching RB who is good on routes outside of your basics. This is why I think Miller would be the better choice but Miller ALSO has injury concerns. 

Just now, WindyCity said:

A competent NFL OG >>>>>Ifedi>>>>> Long

An actual upgrade to the OL could be a big boost with mediocre QBs. 

You asked for an improved OL and I showed you one and you're still not happy? No surprise there

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You asked for an improved OL and I showed you one and you're still not happy? No surprise there

We don’t know that it is an improvement. We hope it is, but Ifedi hasn’t been good. We assume it will be because Long was so bad. Improvement by default.

I would have like to have seen an improvement compared to an average NFL OL play. 

Improving from horrendous to bad isn’t something I choose to celebrate, but then again some of us have standards and some of us are a Pace burner account.

Edited by WindyCity