The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, ColGerBear said:

Browns signed 2 players I would've loved to see in a Bears uniform...

Meanwhile Pace looks to go from subpar QB to Mediocre QB and give up assets in the process.

I do not like where this is going so far...

#firepace

34 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You actually probably lucked out on the numbers. A lot of us were thinking he'd get an even better deal. Kwiatowski most likely jumped at the chance to be a Raider. And can't say I blame him, really. Once the Bears re-signed Trevathan, Kwiatowski wasn't seriously in the Bears' future plans. 

I have to wonder if Pace made a similar offer to Kwiatkoski or offered far less than he did DT.

In a year where we were more flush with cap it might have been nice to have kept both possibly trying Kwit on the edge but in no way should we be unhappy with Pace's decision.  DT is still only 30 years old and was playing some of his best football prior to his injury and when you add the X factor of his leadership it was the right move provided Trevathan remains reasonably healthy.

As for Kwit I'm glad to see him get a nice deal as a starter.  I've been a fan ever since his rookie year.  He's an instinctive "baller" who worked hard to boost his play and it paid off.  LV got a good ILB.

1 minute ago, soulman said:

Interesting day,  Rumors abound.

Unless they're truly set on moving on from Mitch now I'd suggest they just make a trade for Dalton and have done with it. 

Unless it is a player for player trade or after our 4th I'd be disappointed in a trade for Dalton. 

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Unless it is a player for player trade or after our 4th I'd be disappointed in a trade for Dalton. 

In my mind it's never been for anything higher than a 5th or that comp 4th along with Cincy picking up the tab for a major portion of his 2020 salary OR Dalton agrees to an extension that will significantly lower his 2020 cap hit.

Unless the plan is to "Ditch Mitch" IMHO he's still our best option well ahead of others like Foles or any of the UFAs like Mariota or Keenum.

• Like 1

Given how much money was available to chase FAs none of what's happening should come as a surprise or that players may have multiple suitors.  FWIW it appears that Pace is in the midst of the fray making the best offers he can to those guys he'd like to have but if anyone was thinking we'd be able to outbid cap flush teams then I'd say you really weren't thinking.  More like wishful thinking if any at all.